About the job
Who We Are
Cadence is committed to serving the lifelong needs of our customers. That’s a commitment made possible by our exceptional teammates. Our team members are what set us apart. Friendly, open, personable and committed to excellence, our teammates make up more than just a bank … they make up our communities.
No matter where you are in life or where you’re going, we may have the right career for you.
Cadence offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package centered on the well-being of our teammates. Some of our benefits include medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life insurance, 401(k), Retirement Pension Benefits, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
What The Role Is
The Data Protection Manager is responsible for ensuring the security of the Company’s data. To that end, a successful candidate must
- have a thorough understanding of data protection principles and laws, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of IT systems and networks.
- be able to identify potential risks to the organization’s data, develop strategies for preventing those risks from occurring
- implement measures that protect the safety and integrity of all stored information,
- monitor compliance with applicable regulations and policies related to privacy rights,
- work with Cyber Defense on incidents involving unauthorized access or misuse
- provide training on how best practices can help ensure secure handling of sensitive material
- create reports that track progress towards meeting organizational goals in terms of protecting confidential customer records.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills combined with excellent communication and interpersonal abilities—the ability both written and verbal—to clearly explain complex concepts surrounding digital security protocols. The successful applicant should also demonstrate experience managing large-scale data protection projects while maintaining attentional detail throughout each step along the way. A background in computer science is preferred but not required if accompanied by sufficient experience working within an IT environment focused on safeguarding sensitive data. Additionally, the candidate should have sound judgment when it comes to making decisions about which protective measures are most appropriate based on risk levels of the technologies and data involved
How You Will Make An Impact
- Leads development, documentation, and maintenance of data protection policy and procedures
- Deploy and manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP) controls for the enterprise.
- Assists in system and software architecture and design reviews to ensure that company assets are appropriately secure at all times
- Coordinates the remediation of data protection control deficiencies
- Oversees Information Security Data Protection vendor relationships and services
- Cooperates with audit and examination processes
- Lead eDiscovery and forensics initiatives
- Leads the Information Security Data Protection team
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Minimum 10 years of information security experience to include at least 5 years in a financial services company
- Minimum 5 years of data protection experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with information security risk management
- Demonstrated familiarity with regulatory expectations relevant to financial institutions
- Proven ability as a member of a management team
- Ability to communicate technical and security related concepts to a broad range of technical and nontechnical staff
- Has successfully deployed and managed an enterprise-wide data loss prevention (DLP) program.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other equivalent certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Cadence Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
- Address Birmingham, AL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10