We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Information Security Engineer Intern
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
Are you motivated by meaningful projects and work that touch a global business?
Are you collaborative and driven by delivering measurable results?
If yes, then you’re invited to start something PRICELESS™.
The 10-week summer internship program provides emerging talent with hands-on experience in industry, enabling you to make a positive impact in a world beyond cash.
An internship experience with Mastercard includes:
• Challenging and meaningful projects
• Networking, mentorship, and access to senior leads
• Volunteer and team building
• Formal performance assessments
• End of summer presentations to peers and Mastercard leadership
Mastercard’s Corporate Security team is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all our operations and data. This is of serious concern in our more open and interconnected business environment, especially amid unprecedented threats. However, this precarious position presents a clear opportunity for Mastercard; one that requires strategic thinking and decisive action.
Don’t let the title “Information Security Engineer” scare you. This role can span a mix of security technology, business, and process functions.
Interns on this team may be involved in:
• Identity and Access Management
• Key Management
• Cyber Range
• Malware Investigations
• Security Integration
• Information Security Operations
All about You
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program majoring in Computer and Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or a related field with a graduation date of December 2022 or beyond
• Exposure to security, including network and internet systems security
• Experience in technical skills (i.e code development, platform management, sys admin, etc..),
• Understanding of security services (authentication, vulnerability management, security log monitoring)
• Strong organization, communication, and time management skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-135847
- Address O'Fallon, MO, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5