Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Engineer, Information Security, you will perform and facilitate the complex analysis, development, testing and documentation of security methodologies and technologies. We want to utilize your skills, years of experience, dedication and hard work to ensure a forward-thinking future for XPO, while securing a rewarding career for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Maintain and provide engineering support to existing security tools and software by diagnosing technical issues and providing solutions
- Gather information on systems’ compliance, perform data analysis and report metrics on deployment efforts
- Manage ticket queues through ITSM and ServiceNow by resolving reported connectivity and other break/fix issues within assigned SLAs
- Propose design solutions for new and existing applications; execute all steps required to deploy/implement the solutions
- Perform routine health checks and ensure deployment and functionality of security software and security agents
- Identify and implement appropriate testing strategies
- Create and maintain functional and technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy security project requirements
- Participate in the on-call rotation of security incident emergencies
- Engage with business stakeholders, IT support personnel and other Information Security team members
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of general IT experience – helpdesk, end-user support, system administration
- Administrative experience with currently supported versions of the Windows operating system.
- Experience using 1 or more Information Security tools/domains such as (but not limited to); Endpoint Protection Software, Network Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, System hardening, etc.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree related to Information Technology and/or Information Security
- Specific experience using security tools from one or more of the following vendors: Crowdstrike, Proofpoint, Palo Alto, Tanium, Rapid 7, Zscaler, Encase and Devo
- Email administration experience.
- Administration experience with other operating systems such as Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Cloud Provider experience with GCP, Azure or OCI.
- Proficiency troubleshooting basic LAN/WAN/WIFI related issues.
- Experience deploying endpoint solutions to a large enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with scripting, such as Powershell, Bash, batch files, etc.
- Experience using Splunk or equivalent data aggregation tool.
- Motivation for self-learning new technologies
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO’s candidate privacy statement here.
- Address Charlotte, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5