Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee and manage tools such as:
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Vulnerability and Security Assessment
- DAM(Database Activity Monitor)
- EDR Platforms
- Host and Network based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Other security applications
- Conduct analysis, troubleshooting, and trending of incidents/events detected from SIEM, IDS/IPS, and other security applications
- Create custom rules and modify existing rules, policies, alerts, etc. within the security applications based on stakeholder needs or situational conditions
- Perform triage and handling of security events including but is not limited to identification, containment, remediation, and reporting activities.
- Create new and enhance existing procedures to improve operational efficiencies and reporting accuracy
- Perform the deep-dive security incident analysis; correlating data from various sources to determine criticality and provide advisement and/or remediation
- Ensure monitoring of alerts and logs from enterprise security tools such as firewalls, IDS, Anti-virus, Data Loss Protection (DLP), and vulnerability scanners
- Develop detailed technical recommendations to solve current and future security issues; identify protection gaps and propose effective mitigating solutions
- Maintain awareness of emerging threats to ensure data protection, system integrity, and network availability
- Evaluate, design, implement, and configure new security products and technologies
- Develop, review, and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Analyze, evaluate, and communicate Threat Intelligence notifications to reduce risk exposures and to defend against cyber attacks
- Institutes changes to assure compliance to company standards
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Coding/Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell)
- 1 Year of SIEM operational experience is required; must have implemented and managed the above technologies; must possess strong technical knowledge of architecture, system policies, rules, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be able to effectively communicate technical details and thoughts in non-technical terminology to various levels of management
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, OSCP, GCIH, or other industry recognized security certification(s)
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communications.
- Knowledge of OSI level communications and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) configurations.
- Knowledge of Secure Content Automation protocol (SCAP) systems evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Office Environment
- Expected travel up to 25%
- On call 24/7
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Relentless innovation. Legendary performance. And unwavering security. All built on a foundation of trusted partnerships.
This is what it takes to be a global leader in lottery games, sports betting and technology. And to propel the industry ever forward.
At Scientific Games, we elevate play every day.
From cutting-edge backend systems to exciting entertainment experiences and trailblazing retail and digital solutions, we care about the details that drive profits for lottery beneficiary programs.
We know what people like to play today. And with the power of data analytics, we can predict what they’ll want to play tomorrow.
We’re always thinking about the player experience. Because it’s not just a game. It’s an instant of optimistic fun.
But the best part? We’re just getting started. iLottery and sports betting are the new frontier in play. And Scientific Games is the partner of choice for these growing markets. Because when it comes to digital, trust is everything.
The lottery experience is always one of excitement. But we’re endlessly innovating, always evolving and firmly committed to responsible gaming. So that the future of lottery funding shines bright.
It’s a future of stability and inspiration. The strength of security paired with the thrill of the new. It’s the future of Scientific Games. The driver of today’s favorite lottery games and most advanced technologies, and sustainability for tomorrow.
And it all starts now.
We’re your next great job. Join our team. Do good.
- Address Nevada, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5