About the job
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As an Information Security Engineer, the candidate will be assigned to the Security team and will play a critical role within the Amwell Hosting department. The Information Security Engineer will work with internal teams and external vendors to integrate security solutions across Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud platform (GCP) environments. The Information Security Engineer position requires an understanding of cloud services as they relate to the design, deployment and security operations, and an ability to provide technical solutions and operational recommendations while maintaining secure cloud environments.
- Execute initiatives to improve cloud security and operational resiliency
- Evaluate new cloud services and tools in order to maintain cloud security
- Research new technology solutions and provide integration solutions to Amwell’s telehealth platforms
- Assist development teams with application and infrastructure security initiatives
- Architect and implement security solutions to streamline business processes that achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently
- Provide guidance to associates for best operational, secure, and compliant practices to ensure that all internal and client data is protected and handled in a secure and compliant manner
- Maintain uptime on all systems while making improvements to system features and usability
- Perform security incident triage and response (detection, investigations, remediation, and documentation)
- Assist with cloud security audits and configuration reviews
- Support IAM role mapping to enforce principle of least privilege for development and production environments
- Configure third party cloud service integrations to enforce best security practices
- Maintain a strong level of communication with constituents regarding status of projects, issues, or initiatives
- Support on-call rotations for the Security team
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, SRE, or DevOps
- 3+ years of experience in Linux or Windows Systems Engineering
- 2+ years of project work experience using Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of least privileged security best practices
- Experience with information technology, operations centers, security, and compliance management
- Ability to follow procedures and to identify and issues that need improvement
- Ability to investigate, understand, and document network security architecture
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of business
- Ability to identify operational and compliant solutions quickly and efficiently
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Address Boston, MA,
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10