What you are good at
- Working with all levels, including senior leadership.
- Balancing multiple concurrent assessment projects to mitigate risk and promote improvement of the control environment.
- Identifying control gaps requiring remediation and working collaboratively with other Schwab disciplines to implement improvements.
- Developing and executing effective and efficient processes and assessment plans for key Schwab controls.
- Gathering evidence to support testing teams assessing control effectiveness.
- Communicating results to process and control owners.
- Assisting management with developing and documenting achievable and sustainable action plans to remediate identified control gaps.
- Providing risk and control consulting services to partners across Schwab Cybersecurity Services.
- Providing domain expertise as a participant on Schwab improvement initiatives or in response to ad hoc requests.
- Assisting with development of clear and concise risk and control reporting.
- Assisting with regulatory exam preparation exercises (readiness assessments), in-flight exam evidence gathering/tracking, and review of presentation decks intended for regulatory exam teams
What you have
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the disciplines of information security, risk assessment activities, IT audit, and/or information security compliance with strong hands-on experience in security risk assessments.
- Proven ability to manage Security Risk Assessments
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required, advanced degree preferred.
- Relevant certifications preferred (CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CISM, CCSA or other risk & control disciplines)
- Knowledge and familiarity with a broad range of IT and information security products and technologies such as Network Security, Cryptography, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Logging and Monitoring, Cloud Platforms, and Application Security
- Knowledge and familiarity of the FFIEC IT Handbook (specifically, the booklets on Information Security, Outsourcing Technology Services, Supervision of Technology Service providers, and Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operations), including fundamental information security experience
- Ability to understand properly designed and effectively operating IT controls.
- Ability to clearly document control objectives and design efficient tests of controls.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
- Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
- Address Westlake, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10