This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The Information Security Analyst – BISO Liaison will work with the Costco technology and business leadership, to bake security into their strategic plans. So we would be their direct liaison back to the greater security organization and the operational teams. Also there to ensure the strategic directions of our CISO are being followed and adhered to and there to guide, consult and partner with those IT and business leaders. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the execution of Information Security directives and activities in alignment with Costco’s data security policies.
Working with various types of people effectively is critical. Second would be communication skills. We never have the luxury of working with people who truly understand what we do, so we have to be able to translate that into something that is digestible for them. And you also have to be technically and business competent—and able to translate all of that at a high level.
The Information Security Analyst – BISO Liaison will be responsible for driving clear understanding of all Enterprise Security standards, policies and strategic direction of the CISO. Must be very comfortable in their active listening and overall communication skills in front of senior leadership.
If you want to be a part of one of theBEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Provides visibility into current security compliance status through timely tracking, trending, and escalation of issues.
- Partners with other Information Security groups to help drive timely delivery of requested services.
- Understands evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT security controls.
- Performs quarterly business reviews with internal business and IT partners.
- Shares knowledge and assists others in understanding technical and business related topics.
- Assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the company’s reputation and safeguarding Costco Wholesale, its clients and assets.
- Assumes informal/formal mentorship roles within teams and assists with the coaching and training of new team members.
- Demonstrated experience of “hands on” enterprise security knowledge.
- Prior consulting experience is a plus with emphasis on Information Security.
- Team leadership, team player and willing to establish a strong positive working relationship with all areas of the business.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage a substantial unplanned workload with short deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Documentation and presentation skills catered to a diverse technical and business audience.
- Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control and system hardening,system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling).
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills along with proven analytical skills.
- Impeccable listening skills.
- 5-8 years’ relevant industry experience – proficient in interpreting and applying policies, standards and procedures.
- Preferred active CISM certification or commitment to earn a CISM within one year.
- Familiarity with Regulatory Compliance and industry standards, such as HIPAA, SOX, PCI, and Privacy.
- Experience in Cloud technologies, Cloud deployment models (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), and familiarity with Azure services.
- Ability to clearly communicate Information Security strategic matters to executives, auditors, end users, engineers, architects.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive.
- Required Documents
- Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors