The Associate Information Security Analyst carries out all procedures necessary to protect and prevent systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction, and investigates security breaches and/or cybersecurity threats or attack. The Associate Information Security Analyst serves as a resource to more senior Information Analysts, Information Security Engineers, and other IT Engineers for all in-place security solutions, investigations, vulnerability assessments, penetration test and security audits. This job classification requires a basic knowledge of security procedures, software, firewalls, data encryption programs to protect sensitive information. This role is heavily involved with maintaining and testing the IT organization’s disaster recovery plan, to ensure the continued operation of the IT department.
The Associate Information Security Analyst’s knowledge is required to be current on IT security and the latest methods attackers are using to infiltrate computer systems, as well as, new security technology for the most effective protection for the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- *Monitors the IT organization’s networks for security breaches and investigates a violation when one occurs.
- *Assists in the installation of software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
- *Assists in design, oversight or execution of vulnerability assessments, and security audits.
- *Reviews logs and reports of all in-place devices that are under direct or indirect control. Interprets the implications of that activity and devises plans for appropriate resolution.
- *Participates in investigations of problematic activity.
- * Monitors all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Maintains up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices under direct control (i.e. security tools) or indirect control (i.e. workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
- Maintains operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines
- *Prepares reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches.
- *Researches the latest information technology (IT) security trends and applies knowledge to develop security standards and best practices for the organization.
- *Assists in providing recommendations for security enhancements to management or senior IT staff
- *Assists in providing support for end users for all in-place security solutions, installations, and to communicate new security products or procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- Knowledge and/or experience with FTK Imager, Qualys Guard PCI, Radius, RSA SecurlID, Secure ACS, SolidCore FIM, Splunk, Tenable Security’s Nessus SIEM, Rapid7 Nexpose Scan, AirWatch MDM (VMWare), McAfee, Symantec, SNORT.
- Strong understanding of LINUX, Windows, UNIX, Android, Apple iOS, Cisco IOS.
- Strong understanding of UDP, TCP/IP, and other protocols.
- Familiarity with Oracle/PeopleSoft, SAP, JAVA, Microsoft, Google apps, JIRA.
- Working technical knowledge of computing and network operating systems, mobile device operating system.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
Preferred certifications include CompTIA Security , GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security Associate of (ISC) 2 .
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – Employees may occasionally experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Viewing computer monitor
Work is performed in a business office environment. Occasional travel to outside locations or meetings may be required. Ability to work extended hours, as required, in support of the company’s business need.
*Denotes essential job functions.
- Address Chandler, AZ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5