About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
The IBM CIO – Cybersecurity Resiliency Center (CRC) – Information Protection Officer (IPO) reports into the IBM CIO – Assured Identity and Cybersecurity Operation Domain. The role is responsible for building resiliency into day-to-day operations to support and augment the CIO overall information protection responsibilities. The IPO is an advanced role supporting the entire CIO cybersecurity program. The IPO supports and reports on strategic planning and execution of enterprise security systems, applications, and operations.
The IPO is expected to be skilled at effective communication and possess business acumen to align and work closely with business leaders. The IPO must have a technical background with the ability to comprehend technologies, their purpose, and their security requirements, wherever they and their data reside. The IPO technical experience should encompass understanding threats, risk mitigation, and technical controls across the CIO Application and Infrastructure ecosystem.
As an Information Protection Officer (IPO) you:
- Develop and apply understanding of resilient systems architecture & strategies, hardware, system life cycle, incident response forensics, and information security practices to anticipate technology risks inherent to the assigned business area, areas or region.
- Lead the assessment, monitoring and reporting on technology risks inherent to business activities, including cyber resiliency and technology risk concepts.
- Interpret and drive enforcement of resilient technology risk policies, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Interpret industry experience to determine appropriate key metrics (OKRs, KRIs, KPIs) and best practices that drive technology resiliency risk and regulatory compliance.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and extended leadership team.
- Work closely with security leadership overseeing security operations, incident response, application security and infrastructure with in the CIO scope.
- Understand and be involved in disaster recovery and business continuity planning, testing and validation.
- Enforce a strong security culture set forth by the CIO/CISO, ensuring uniformity across security leadership, business units and employees.
- Foster strong relationships with internal business units and external entities to maintain a strong network.
- Require security leadership and teams to consistently learn and share advanced knowledge and practices that promote excellence.
- Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge relating to security threats, vulnerabilities and mitigations set forth to reduce the corporate attack surface.
- Sponsor vendor and technology solution selection, as well as third-party consulting services as needed.
- Motivate CIO teams and employees to maximize rigorous system security controls.
- Remove complexity and obstacles that hinder efficient security controls enterprise-wide.
- Build relationships with technical and compliance teams to deliver security-by-design controls that are incorporated into projects, architecture, infrastructure, and applications.
- Work closely with operational risk, compliance, legal and audit teams.
- Stay abreast of new laws, regulations, and standards, and assess their impacts on the business.
Who You Are:
- You will have strong technical subject matter expertise with Resiliency related domains such as End of Life Strategies, Failover & Stay Strategies, Cloud, Air Gapping, and Cyber Resiliency.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have practical experience in cybersecurity.
- You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently.
- You are eager to make an impact and support projects that affect IBM across our global enterprise.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science, cybersecurity or MIS).
- 7+ years in an operationally focused security practitioner role with at least 2+ years cybersecurity management experience.
- Expertise with Resiliency-related domains such as End of Life Strategies, Failover & Stay Strategies, Cloud, Air Gapping, and Cyber Resiliency.
- At least 3 years’ experience internal cybersecurity consulting with business leadership
- Applicable knowledgeable with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), National Institute of Technology (NIST) standards, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), International Standards Organization (ISO) standards, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) regulations and frameworks, etc..
- Deep understanding and comprehension of a wide range of cybersecurity solutions.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Master’s or other advanced degree (MBA, information assurance, computer science, etc.) preferred but not required.
- 5 years of cybersecurity management experience.
- Excellence in communicating privacy, business risk and remediation requirements from assessments.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, along with decision-making skills and business acumen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Strategic vision and ability to influence others.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proven high level of integrity, trustworthiness and confidence, as well as ability to represent the company and security leadership with the highest level of professionalism.
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Southbury, CT, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors