Full Job Description
Application Security is responsible for defining and driving Intel’s corporate-wide application security compliance. The Application Security Specialist will be guiding Intel’s application development teams through continuous improvement and integration of security throughout the development lifecycle. This is accomplished through definition and implementation of InfoSec policies, best practices and industry leading capabilities.
This includes, but is not limited to: technology analysis driving mitigation options and effectiveness of controls, influencing tactical and strategic direction and effectively partnering with business partners to enable compliance.
The scope of applications to be security compliant is software used to conduct and run Intel’s business. The type of applications range from web services, line of business, enterprise, mobile or cloud and are custom built or commercial off the shelf.
Responsibilities of the role will be, but not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of application security, keeping abreast of new developments, best practices and the latest threat landscape.
- Conduct application security assessments of Intel’s custom and commercial off the shelf applications.
- Partner with key business and technical stakeholders across the entirety of Intel’s business groups to implement application security by design.
- Analyze the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios.
- Interpret the latest security threats and drive updates/decisions for internal policies, processes and capabilities.
- Contribute to or lead the definition, development, implementation and maintenance of corporate application security requirements.
- Assist/drive the development and deployment of application security training and awareness.
- Support external engagement and outreach activities as required.
- Define, develop and document application security best practices.
- Partner with peers to articulate and drive application security requirements in data inventory and mapping initiatives.
- Mentor other application security team members.
- Comprehension of common and unique application vulnerabilities and the skills to assess, analyze and reproduce them.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber/Information Security or any other related field of study or expect the required degree by June 2022.
- 3+ months of relevant experience in:
- Remediating vulnerabilities in a multitude of programming languages / technologies
- Applying secure software development principles
- 3+ months of Experience in:
- Information security and application security principles and technologies
- Usage of application security tools (i.e. SAST, DAST, IAST, WAPT, etc.)
- Code development
- Application systems support
- Frameworks standards and best practices, for example: NIST, OWASP, PCI, ISO, COBIT
- Security industry certifications such as: GSEC or CISSP
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art – from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5