Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Info Sec Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX facility.
USAA’s Threat & Vulnerability Assessment team is looking for a talented individual to help manage our process, risk, and control activities. This individual will be responsible for engaging with team subject matter experts, internal control partners (risk, compliance, audit), and external regulators to ensure the team is properly managing risk. Day to day this individual will ensure that team processes, controls, control tests, risk assessments, and associated evidence is optimized and can properly demonstrate adherence to internal policy and regulatory requirements. The team’s day to day responsibilities are primarily related to various infrastructure vulnerability assessments and security configuration baseline assessments to support the security of the enterprise and its members data.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days’ onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee’s manager.
This position may also be in a 100% remote work environment.
Job Profile Summary
Investigates, analyzes, and responds to security anomalies and events (e.g. suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches) within USAA’s environments using a variety of cyber defense tools to detect and respond to threats. Conducts vulnerability, security configuration, and/or penetration testing assessments of systems and networks. Identifies cyber threats, analyzes operational impacts, and communicates to appropriate stakeholders. Stays current with latest information security threats, exploits, trends, and intelligence.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We’re proud of USAA’s strong history — and we’re even more passionate about our future. That’s why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we’re continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you’ll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads peers and team members in the execution of the Information Security domain activities while anticipating efforts that will impact their team.
- Researches and analyzes the latest information security vulnerabilities, threats, exploits, trends and intelligence. Shares intelligence with peer teams.
- Conducts advanced vulnerability management, security configuration assessments, and/or penetration testing operations and manages the resulting findings.
- Develops analysts through training and knowledge sharing activities.
- Monitors internal and external networks, systems, and applications for advanced security anomalies and events (e.g. suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches). Trains analysts in incident detection and response.
- Responds to cyber incidents, performing detailed analysis using complex security tools to determine root cause and impact by using a broad range of demonstrated experience (e.g. forensics, networking, servers, coding, etc.) to determine a malicious actor’s tactics, techniques, and procedures. Trains new analysts in incident detection and response.
- Utilizes discoveries from the incident response process to make significant and/or complex improvements to the existing detection capabilities, operational processes and security controls.
- Prepares and delivers written and/or verbal briefs with recommendations to senior leadership on latest threats, alerts, incidents, and improvements.
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor and coach to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of related experience in Information Security, Cybersecurity and/or Information Technology with a security focus to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 4 years of related experience in one of the following domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communications and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, Software Development Security.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Knowledge of attacker tools/tactics/procedures and applying them to access management, governance, threat hunting, investigations, and incident response.
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and security architecture.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience leading enterprise risk-based decisions for vulnerability and security config baseline assessments
- Experience interfacing with control partners (Risk, Compliance, Audit) and regulators
- Experience managing process risk and control activities related to vulnerability and security configuration
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800.00 – 192,300.00 *
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.
Job ID R0066141
- Salary Offer $106,800.00 - 192,300.00
- Address San Antonio, TX, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10