HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are adding a Industrial IoT Solution Architect to our team in Muscatine, IA!
As the Shop Floor Systems Solution Architect, you will lead efforts to develop both the technical and solution architectures needed in HNI’s Manufacturing Shop Floor Systems area. You will work with HNI Enterprise Architects, and other Solution Architects, business partners, and the project team to proactively identify potential areas where business processes/policies/procedures may require change.
What you will do:
- Analyze the business needs, define detailed requirements, validate proposed application technical designs with the business community, and recommend potential alternatives, including business and technical considerations.
- Ensure sound application and/or technical design, making sure that design considerations are incorporated into the functional and technical design specifications ensuring a holistic technical design
- Ensure that the Technical Design aligns with our Enterprise Architecture standards and technical application management standards
- Create and communicate application design overviews and alternatives to technical and business leadership in order to provide understanding of application design direction and to gain support of the recommended design approach
- Ensure application designs are aligned with application strategies and identify opportunities, challenges, and migration roadmaps to support strategies
- Educate stakeholders of application architecture risks to influence change that supports business and IT strategies
- Collaborate to develop and present business cases for IT investment strategy needed to support application architecture roadmap
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in the Manufacturing Systems:
- Shop floor scheduling & sequencing
- Work in Process mgt., Part & BOM mgt.
- Inventory and warehouse management, replenishment (e.g. KANBAN, min/max/ picking triggers, etc.)
- Machine automation & control
- Workstation automation (work Instructions, poke yokes, device control, etc.)
- Visual and event management, CAD, CAM, etc.
- 5+ years of IT experience; among which minimum 3 years experience in application architecture design (functional and Technical) and code development.
- Experience in functional and regression testing
- Experience with multiple and diverse technology environments in the Shop Floor Systems area including:
- SCADA – Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems
- OPC – Open System Communication Protocols like Kepware, ModBUS, etc.
- Specific experience in ThingWorx (from PTC)
- Experience with relational database technologies e.g. Oracle RDBMS, SQLServer, etc.
- Being able to understand and define the data model and relationships between objects and entities (ERD – Entity Relationship Diagram)
What you’re good at:
- Must be visionary and strategic in approach, and demonstrated ability to apply technical architectural disciplines to solve business problems.
- Strong expertise in a given process and system area. Possibly even lead, and provide thought –leadership, internal or external communities in this area of expertise.
- Strong technical understand of an application area and its configuration and /or technical area and the technical components.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to drive change
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in business terms and present to management
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibility
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI – they are operational imperatives. We value each other’s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: https://www.hnicorp.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com.
We also invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at email@example.com. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).
- Address Muscatine, IA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10