There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The Lead Security Specialist is a technical leadership position which requires leading the definition and implementation of GM Cyber Security technology direction, standards or technology roadmaps across GM business units or multi-functional IT organizations minimally within one security domain.
In this role you will perform complex assignments requiring a wider application of security principles, theories and concept. You will interact with senior internal leadership. May lead and provide direction to a team of individuals. Expected to influence without direct control. You will work with independence, though some support and advice is readily available from the manager. During the year you will set short term objectives and guidelines in support of security strategy, which have a direct impact on Security‘s overall results. You will holds yourself and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
Additional Job Description
- Drive GM’s information security strategy and vision on all Manufacturing Cyber Security initiatives.
- Provide in-depth Manufacturing and Security knowledge for Manufacturing Cyber Security initiatives with respect to implementation and ongoing support to ensure strategic alignment with the MCS program, success with the core business.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Engineering to create, test, and implement security solutions while minimizing the impact to on-going production.
- Perform solution testing in a lab environment, followed by implementing the solution on the manufacturing plant floor.
- Develop and maintain standard documentation regarding how to implement and maintain cybersecurity solutions.
- Development and/or contribute to solutions for complex, cross-functional issues to resolve Manufacturing Cyber Security vulnerabilities.
- Work hand in hand with cross-functional organizations to implement MCS controls in order to secure the manufacturing plant floor.
- Drive adoption of information security controls across business functions.
- Analyze industry and cyber security trends to ensure MCS strategies are in accordance.
- Represent GM in various industry forums and provide solutions for changes to industry standards that impact GM
- Ensure success cradle to grave Manufacturing Cyber Security strategic initiatives.
- Proven experience in the implementation of systems and services in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven innovative thinking welcoming challenges and developing unique solutions to solve difficult problems.
- Intimate knowledge of GM’s manufacturing processes (Vehicle, Propulsion, & Stamping).
- Intimate knowledge of GM’s common controls architectures and standards for (Vehicle, Propulsion, & Stamping).
- Familiarity with a wide variety of ICS / OT systems utilized across GM’s manufacturing operations.
- Self-starting, detail oriented, results driven individual capable of developing solutions to complex cyber security vulnerabilities with little direction from others.
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Security, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of (2) or more years’ experience in Engineering supporting a GM manufacturing plant as a controls, launch, or deployment engineer is required.
- ICS / OT knowledge in the industrial controls space is preferred.
- Proficient at programming and troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and HMIs, including Rockwell, Siemens, and/or comparable.
- Knowledge of industrial controls networks (EtherNet/IP, Profinet, DeviceNet, etc)
- Knowledge of numerous OT devices (Robots, Welders, HMIs, Vision Cameras, Torque Controllers, VFDs, etc)
- Security certifications beneficial
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Address Warren, Michigan, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors