What you’ll do…
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. As a member of our Security Incident Response Team, you can help millions of global customers and associates do just that by ensuring their data remains secure.
There is no one-size-fits-all requirement for a successful candidate. Our current team has strong backgrounds in network & endpoint security and forensics. Additional beneficial skills include: malware reversing, software development, data analytics, cloud administration, and threat hunting experience in large environments. Previous experience working security incidents through the initial phases of the Incident Response Lifecycle is recommended for this position. Expect to coordinate efforts with technologists and business contacts globally, along with teams inside of our 700-person (and growing) InfoSec department.
What we do:
- Discover and Timeline the facts of any suspected Cybersecurity incident as they occurred on endpoints and the network, both for Walmart and all global subsidiaries.
- Partner closely with Walmart’s Privacy, Legal, Investigations, Program Management, and Threat Intelligence teams to ensure risk is fully mitigated and our recommendations are implemented.
- Rotate Responders through the team’s Threat Hunting program in order to proactively identify potential risks to the organization.
- Document action plans and provide status updates as needed in order to keep leadership informed of ongoing response efforts
- Train and Educate: stay current on new tooling capabilities, threat landscape trends, and response strategies; mentor junior members of the InfoSec department; participate in Purple Team efforts and engagements.
- Pager rotation (One week, 2-3 times per year)
- 0-5% Travel, Domestic and International
Some additional, preferred Certifications
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 3 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years OR 5 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in computer incident response tools and processes (for example, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs)), Firewall rules and filtering, intrusion detection and/or prevention devices, or penetration testing for networks and standalone devices, Information Security Technology disciplines (for example, data assurance, eDiscovery, SIEM, Installation, repair, and troubleshooting of computer hardware for desktop computers, laptops, servers, and networks, Network infrastructure and/or architecture security, Physical and/or digital information and/or incident handling consistent with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards, Programming languages (for example, C/C++, Python, Perl, HTTP, PowerShell), System intrusion investigations CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional – Certification
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
- Address Bentonville, AR, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors