About the job
Security has become an increasingly important attribute for modern automotive engineering. Automobiles are no longer mere mechanical devices but are controlled by dozens of digital computers coordinated by internal networks. With growing technology and connectivity features, the vehicle attack surface has become more sophisticated. Product security needs to be integrated into every part of automotive engineering process and product. Ford’s In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineers work with engineering teams to guide secure implementation of our products and features including advanced driver assistance, in-vehicle infotainment, autonomous driving, entry and starting, and cloud services.
The In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineer will act as the technical lead designing security into our vehicles. Engineers will evaluate, critique, and drive secure designs from concept to implementation. In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineers identify new methods of securing our technologies from drafting specifications to executing testing.
Engineers need to be able to understand and evaluate risk for in-vehicle systems. Recognizing and accommodating the limitations of embedded in-vehicle systems is essential. Engineers are expected to take ownership of assignments including developing in-depth understanding of the technologies under review, working to close security gaps and mitigate identified vulnerabilities, and report out to security management. Over time, Engineers will grow to become subject matter experts acting to develop and mature security controls and features in the vehicle.
Some Other Responsibilities Include
- Vehicle level solution and process integration
- Provide training and consulting to internal Ford function teams
- Develop and maintain technical documentation as required
- Conduct a physical security survey to identify the vulnerabilities to vehicles
- Perform risk analysis so that appropriate countermeasures can be developed
- Support major product programs/new features with security needs
- Collaborate on Advanced Engineering projects with outside partners in academia, government, or internal Ford teams
- Development of security requirement and design validation methodologies (DVM).
- Research technologies and security benchmarking data gathering
- Limited traveling required (conferences, regional team meetings, government/academia visits, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience with embedded and/or automotive systems
- 1+ years professional Security experience or security focus as part of degree program
- Understanding of architecture, development, design principals
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Master’s degree or higher in technical discipline
- Experience verifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses in system design
- Familiarity with in-vehicle network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN etc.)
- Experience applying security fundamentals (such as Cryptography, keying, PKI, TLS)
- Experience with QNX Development, Embedded Linux, AutoSAR
- Experience with IOT security
- Experience with system engineering, development and testing
- V2X/V2V Technologies
- Conceptual understanding of security methodologies and challenges
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.protected veteran status.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Address Dearborn, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors