When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This position is for an Identity & Access Management engineer responsible for securing access to Network Elements, Servers, and Network Applications. As part of the Network Security IAM team, you will be responsible for implementing new features, correcting defects, and providing third tier application support for mission critical IAM solutions supporting the Verizon Network. You will work key organizational stakeholders to ensure adherence to IAM standards and best practices. You will be performing hands on work directly with Cisco ISE and CyberArk to implement standardized solutions, drive automation, and make self-service onboarding available to the business.
- Working with business stakeholders and system engineering teams to ensure that IAM security requirements are met by all systems.
- Working with IAM Architects to improve and optimize IAM platforms.
- Using functional and design requirements engineer, document, and implement integrations for AAA services.
- Implementing new IAM hardware, virtual machines, services, and applications.
- Ensuring that contractors and Tier 2 organization follow change control procedures.
- Creating MOPS and managing changes for IAM platform changes.
- Performing Security Engineering review of MOPS from vendors and other teams.
- Assisting in the testing and debugging of new IAM implementations and integrations.
- Providing Tier 3 support for operational and end user issues when the complexity exceeds Tier 2’s technical capabilities to resolve.
- Analyzing platform logs for performance issues, alarms, or errors and remediate findings.
- Working with Support teams to address system issues or end user provisioning issues.
- Building, updating, and maintaining technical training documentation for Network Security tools and processes.
- Delivering periodic technical training to peers and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Upgrade and Patch Management
- Validation of patching and configuration changes in lower environments prior to production patching.
- Applying patches and application changes to servers and components on production systems.
- Working with vendors to ensure the proper development and implementation of IAM Architect designs.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of engineering experience with Cisco ISE providing Radius and TACACS+ AAA services.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- CISSP, CCSP or other relevant security certifications.
- Four or more years implementing, operating, administrating and maintaining Cisco ISE, Cisco ACS or other AAA solutions.
- Working knowledge of Identity & Access Management concepts including but not limited to Role Based Access Control, Privileged Access Management, Least Privilege, and Identity Lifecycles.
- Working knowledge of IP Routing, TCP/UDP communication, SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS+ and LDAP.
- Four or more years of experience integrating security and IAM and AAA products with common identity stores (Active Directory, LDAP, relational databases, etc).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, and other directory technologies.
- Ability to construct and run queries against relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience in role based analysis and implementing RBAC solutions.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills working within complex systems.
- Experience with markup languages (XML, XHTML, etc.) as well as working with web services (SOAP, REST).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical resources and executive leadership.
- Ability to research new techniques and technologies that yield cost-effective results.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and organize to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented work approach.
- Work experience with a carrier or an environment with over 50,000 network elements.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Southlake, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors