About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to work with several dynamic and independent Cloud Native development teams and other functions such as Hardware, Architecture, QA, Product Management, Security, SRE, Delivery and Executive Leadership to design and develop advanced capabilities. We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. This variety enables us to be innovative convergent thinkers who juggle competing requirements with agility.
You’ll employ your engineering expertise and architecture best practices to:
- Lead the design and documentation of technology architectures to enable repeatable, faster delivery of IaaS services to our customers.
- Lead and enable collaboration across vservice teams to pursue the right technical solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and direction in identifying APIs, Common Components, and Shared Services.
- Maintain understanding of existing implementations and technology solutions and leverage the reuse and consolidation of components and services.
- Apply technical knowledge to document cross-team standards that meet business, IT, Regulation and Compliance requirements, infusing key security technologies as needed.
- Take ownership and technical oversight of projects that vary in size and scope.
- Drive architectures that enable Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of services.
- Design and develop services using open source and commercial technologies at scale.
- Move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of providing architectural oversight for delivery of projects.
- Manage and allocate tools, accelerators, frameworks, templates and other asset related to engineering productivity and quality that enable service delivery.
- Ensure that the solution exhibits high-performance levels, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative environment across teams that focused on solving problems and removing blockers for teams.
- Dallas, TX as a preferred location.
This variety enables us to be innovative convergent thinkers who juggle competing requirements with agility. Today’s operating environment demands a stack that’s responsive to the innovative enterprise one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. And, were hiring….JOIN US. Keywords… #devops #agile #Docker #universalbaseimages #Kubernetes #Opensource #container #Git #sourcecode #cicd @caffeinate_adam #Python #Helm #openshift @IBMIoT #automationserver #chef #configurationmanagement #virtualization @IBMCloud #SDLC #edgecomputing #XaaS #SCRUM @IBMintegration #UBI #dataplatform #IBMToday #CICD #SaaS #IoT #Jenkins
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ Years of Enterprise/Cloud experience
- 5+ Years of architecture experience focused on designing and implementing cloud services.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Strong knowledge of the technologies used to build Cloud Native solutions, CI/CD processes, and best practices for security and regulatory compliance.
- Architectural understanding of and implementation experience with IBM cloud.
- Demonstrated excellence with presenting complex development topics to both business executive and technical personnel.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms and frameworks.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors