About the job
Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 – Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s , Best Online Brokers – Barron’s Award (read more).
As a Hybrid Cloud Engineer, you will be joining a team that is responsible for cloud and network infrastructure of our global enterprise. Our focus is to engineer a best in class network that offers superior resiliency and low latency to provide our client’s with unmatched performance for best order execution. You will take an active role in the entire technology lifecycle; from design development, implementation, and commissioning, to routine monitoring, operation and trouble resolution.
We are seeking a highly motivated, roll-up-your-sleeves, network technologist who enjoys the challenge of owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects of varying scale and scope. You will also participate in an on call schedule with other team members to provide tier two network and infrastructure support.
- Design and deploy multi-cloud services with a focus on network and reliability
- Troubleshoot/diagnose escalated outages and issues
- Manage the full end to end technology life cycle
- Develop and maintain technical diagrams and documentation
- Work with cloud service providers , product vendors and telecom service providers
- Must have 10+ years of network engineering experience
- Proven network design and implementation experience
- Experience in networking , developing and maintaining cloud solutions
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels), Firewalls (Security Appliances), Netflow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching / routing in a large and complex network, DHCP, DNS, IP (Schema, subnetting, summarization) IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS and other WAN technologies, unified Communication, IPT, traffic shaping / QoS, EIGRP/BGP, multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP), firewalls, and contact center technology.
- Understanding of network security methodologies, architecture, and best practice application
- Experience with the following: AWS Transit gateways , direct connect gateways ,VPC , Cisco routers, switches, and security devices; Palo Alto, Check Point security products; Arista networks; F5 application load balancers.
- Experience working in a data center and understanding data center infrastructure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience with network management systems
- Ability to manage tasks/projects assigned to completion
- Strong knowledge of scripting repetitive configuration tasks using Python, Perl, Chef , terraform or Ansible
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Enterprise experience and AWS, Azure or Google cloud experience
- One or more advanced certifications such as CCIE or Cloud Service provider certifications
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers (“IBKR”), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
- Address Greenwich, CT, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 10-20