About the job
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City’s infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Our culture in the Department of Atlanta Information Management (AIM) is rooted in our shared core values: Trust, accountability, collaboration, service, and integrity. The AIM team understands our role as a strategic partner to departments throughout the city; we strongly believe technology has the potential to elevate the City of Atlanta and is essential to moving the mayor’s vision forward. With the effective use of technology, we become more efficient, more effective, and innovative. We become more capable of enhancing the experience of all affected by City government. AIM’s mission is to advance Atlanta by being consistent in the delivery of innovative, reliable, secure, and user-focused technology solutions.
Our team members exemplify the shared core values above, so if you have these characteristics, consider joining us as we work to advance technology for the city, its esteemed citizens, and valued visitors.
Posting: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The IT Help Desk Support Technician provides technical support to city employees and ensures the smooth operation of the city’s information technology systems. This position involves troubleshooting hardware and software issues, responding to help desk requests, and assisting with technology related projects.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
List the essential job duties that are specific to the position. These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Provide first-level technical support to city employees via phone or ticketing system. Diagnose and resolve issues promptly and efficiently.
- Create, update, and manage support tickets using a ticketing system. Prioritize and categorize issues based on urgency and impact. Route tickets appropriately to other departments.
- Manages escalations and ensures issues are resolved within SLA according to Operation Excellence Customer First strategy.
- Handle password reset requests and account unlock procedures.
- Create and distribute all maintenance and outage notifications.
- Provide remote assistance to off-site or remote employees, ensuring their technical needs are met.
- Ensure compliance with city IT security policies and procedures. Assist in implementing security measures and educating users about security best practices.
- Collaborate with other IT staff members on larger technology projects and initiatives, including system upgrades and migrations.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate technical directions in simple, clear language.
- Customer service focus with an understanding of delivering to customer requirements.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and align to Operation Excellence Customer First Strategy, Acknowledge, Invest and Mitigate
- Ability to work as part of a team and to share knowledge to support and improve service delivery.
- Ability to leverage remote desktop tools for remediation of technical incidents/requests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is a plus).
- Minimum 5 years customer service experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within IT Service Desk
Essential Capabilities And Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5