About the job
1000 Mylan Inc.
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We Do So Via
- Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how this role will make an impact
At VIATRIS™, we see information technology as a competitive advantage. We are committed to deploying technology that meets evolving patient and healthcare needs around the world and drives realization of our full business potential. Our team is passionate about enabling collaboration, innovation and business expansion opportunities through technology solutions. Information technology is a strategic business partner in Viatris and plays a critical role in powering the company’s strategic plan.
We are seeking passionate, innovative professionals to lead the Digital, IT Security and IT Compliance teams. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to define the Viatris digital strategy including how new and emerging technologies will power our business to meet its bold mission. You will partner with the Information Security and Quality teams by providing leadership in securing systems and information assets as well as set the IT standards for software development.
This role will define digital for Viatris and build the team required for governing citizen and centrally led development of digital solutions. You will also lead the existing, globally located IT Security and IT Compliance teams to further execute and advance roadmaps especially defining the standards for the new and emerging technology suite developed in the digital strategy. It is important that you possess strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills to manage competing priorities and business expectations. Understanding key IT concepts and principals like disaster recovery, access control, and vulnerability management will provide a foundation for success.
Key Responsibilities For This Role Include
- Determine cross-business prioritization of the IT Digital portfolio and roadmap including internal capabilities development & technology investments.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of a repository for digital or emerging technology solutions.
- Establish digital architecture standards and provide oversight of the architecture and development groups.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of IT processes, systems, and information assets in alignment with Information Security Strategy and Roadmap established by the Information Security Team.
- Assess, manage, and mitigate information security vulnerabilities and risk within IT processes and IT systems and information assets.
- Drive the selection and implementation of the IT systems to reduce information security risks.
- Assess, monitor, and test IT systems to ensure compliance with global policies, procedures, and IT standards.
- Manage the remediation of identified IT risks and audit findings.
- Create and maintain partnerships with key academic institutions that provide the talent profile required to successfully deliver against the competencies and behaviors of the Digital team; additionally, build effective operational model to partner with vendors to augment internal team.
- Develop, organize and expand upon the existing internal / external digital, compliance and IT Security teams in place today to create an organized, cohesive, and process driven operational function.
- Lead and develop cross-functional, multi-disciplinary high-performing teams.
The Minimum Qualifications For This Role Are
- Bachelor’s degree and 12-15 years of experience in IT or IT related area e.g. compliance, information security, audit, digital business development. Related experience and/or education may be considered.
- Senior experience in a leadership role. Must have previous supervisory experience as this role will manage a team.
- Previous experience working in a regulated company desired.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry desired.
- This role may have remote flexibility. The preference is for the role to be based in Pittsburgh, PA or from a location on the East Coast of the US.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
- Salary Offer $141,757 - $169,117
- Address USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20