Head of Finance and Risk Application Solutions
Results oriented IT leader with a solid background and a proven track record in Finance and Risk Management solutions. This role is responsible for understanding Finance and Risk Management operations and driving business value and outcomes in new IT project solutions as well as in maintenance & operations of software applications. This individual works with internal IT and consulting teams to align IT staff capacity with demand for capital project requirements as well as for application maintenance activities. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring his / her team’s delivery of modern, scalable, sustainable, and highly usable solutions. This person will incorporate current and future applications, tools, utilities, components, and best practices to ensure the organization meets or exceeds business requirements. The person must have the ability to effectively communicate complex business requirements and processes to stakeholders. This person identifies the correct products to include in NLG Finance and Risk management application portfolio and possesses the financial acumen and discipline to effectively influence how to best grow, upgrade, and maintain the solutions from a life cycle management perspective while lowering unit cost.
The individual in this role needs to be forward thinking and have a drive for results. This role is responsible for providing expert knowledge in detailed technical design as well as technical hands-on leadership during development, implementation/release and post-release support. Execution leadership will be measured by ability to instill trust, drive innovation, value differences, have courage and create change with humility and vulnerability. The individual needs to appreciate complexity of the business while driving for simplicity in solutions. This requires the ability to effectively navigate matrixed organizations, communicate complex business requirements and processes to stakeholders while influencing results through consensus building.
The leader is a trusted advisor and the primary IT point of contact for Finance and Risk Management business leaders. This individual develops and manages partnerships with business and technology teams to formulate IT strategy and architecture in alignment with divisional and enterprise business strategy and objectives. He or she must exhibit a deep understanding of IT’s capabilities and will represent the voice of the customer within IT.
Currently, this role is a direct report to the Vice President of Applications within the National Life IT organization.
- Lead, execute and manage initiatives to further enhance customer experience
- Design detailed technical solutions and lead IT development of solutions
- Partner with key business owners to lead and build business capability roadmaps
- Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure proper and appropriate usage of IT solutions
- Work with Information Security, Legal, and Compliance/Audit to ensure the highest level of security and integrity of customer data
- Continuously improve supporting ITSM (IT Service Management) processes
- Align and manage IT staff both onshore and offshore in a heavily outsourced IT environment
- Lead prioritization, team assignments, tracking, and management of work assignments
- Maintain status as subject matter expert in domain technologies
- Conduct, articulate, document, and present financial analyses (i.e. CBA, ROI, ROE) on potential IT technology initiatives and investments
- Demonstrate ability to debate ideas/strategy, comfortable managing constructive conflict, and not afraid to challenge status quo
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or business information systems
- 10+ years of increasing modern application development and support experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Corporate IT or product development experience in Financial Services preferred
- Experience working in an ITIL process environment
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business challenges and impact in order to provide informed and appropriate IT consultation
- Ability to effectively lead, manage and influence remote and offshore teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively across business units and IT customers in the planning, development, testing, and implementation of high quality IT solutions
- Action oriented with ability to take initiative, think creatively and critically
- Must have the ability to influence and build consensus in a matrixed organization
- Ability to demonstrably learn and grow is a must; good coaching and mentoring skills is required to build teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strong organizational skills a must
National Life requires all new hires to record their vaccination status and, if applicable, submit acceptable proof of vaccination, within 3 business days of their start date.
The base compensation range represents the low and high end of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to qualifications, skills, competencies, location, and experience. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, quarterly bonuses, commissions, and other long-term incentive compensation, depending on the position. National Life offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and a generous paid time off plan, as well as other benefits.
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, VT – founded in 1848, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, Addison, TX – chartered in 1955, and their affiliates. Each company of National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York. Equity Services, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC, is a Broker/Dealer and Registered Investment Adviser affiliate of National Life Insurance Company. All other entities are independent of the companies of National Life Group.
Fortune 1000 status is based on the consolidated financial results of all National Life Group companies.
National Life Group
1 National Life Dr
Montpelier, VT 05604
Social Media Policy
Requisition Number: 07ITI001609
- Salary Offer $98,000/yr to $182,000/yr
- Address Vermont Campus One National Life Dr Montpelier, VT, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20