Full Job Description
Head of Cyber Security Architecture & Engineering
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
Life and Retirement is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds longstanding, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S.
As our world becomes increasingly connected, providing a best-in-class cybersecurity program has never been more important. Our customers expect, and deserve, a safe and secure digital experience. With that in mind, AIG has made significant investments in the enhancement and transformation of our Information Security Office (ISO). Our team leads the way in protecting our company from cybersecurity risks.
About the role
What you need to know:
- The Head of Cyber Security Architecture & Engineering will oversee and manage multiple information security technologies, including, managed service security providers where appropriate (endpoint, application, cloud and data protection), both design and engineering.
- This position will be responsible for the implementation and management of cyber security in all public cloud environments.
- They will interface with multiple Line of Business CIO’s to develop and support innovative security solutions to minimize risk and streamline business processes.
- This position will maintain day to day operational management of a dedicated team that will support security infrastructure, IDS/IPS, EDR, Proxy, Data Protection, Malware, and other cyber security related technologies.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive technical experience in Cybersecurity and Information Technology, ideally in individual contributor and leadership roles.
- Experience with cyber security implementations within a major Cloud operating environment.
- Experience working with threat intelligence and security operations organizations in response to the latest security threats.
- Experience developing cyber defense strategy including multiple layers of defense.
- Previous leadership experience in medium sized to large teams.
- Demonstrated ability coach direct reports and effectively manage talent and performance.
- Experience with different privacy concerns to include areas like European Workers Council and GDPR.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity governance, design, and operations.
- Ten (10+) years of cyber security architecture and engineering leadership experience.
- Strong ability to communicate via written and verbal communication in both formal and casual situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
The job can only be performed in the state location(s) listed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its’ policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
In order to work from or visit an AIG office, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of AIG’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, individuals hired into this position will be required to attest that they have been fully vaccinated and agree to have their vaccination status and proof of vaccination confidentially stored by AIG. Exemptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.Functional Area:
IT – Information Technology Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25% Relocation Provided: No American General Life Insurance Company
- Address Charlotte, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20