Head of Cloud Infrastructure & Cloud Operations
Transform Infrastructure and Cloud Operations within $3+ Billion Innovator in Healthcare Workforce Solutions
We are looking for an innovative leader who can drive strategy, implement new solutions and take our Cloud & Infrastructure Operations to the next level of success. If this sounds intriguing, why not consider the role of Head of Cloud Infrastructure & Cloud Operations with AMN Healthcare? Consider just some of the advantages of joining our team!
- This is an opportunity to make a direct and tangible impact on Infrastructure and Cloud Operations for a thriving healthcare enterprise! We are at the beginning of our journey to implement a new cloud architecture, and we will look to you to drive the direction of this critical initiative. As we continue to migrate more of our technology into the cloud, it will be your job to lead initiatives, establish standard methodologies, create the correct infrastructure environment within our hybrid data center / cloud architecture, and ensure our technologies are not only implemented successfully, but are also operationally efficient and effective. Your influence and expertise will be respected and welcomed here.
- You will enjoy the support of our inspirational leadership group and a team-based approach to the Cloud & Infrastructure functions. If you don’t already have a background in healthcare, then you are in for an exciting career. You will experience the satisfaction and fulfillment that comes with knowing that you are positively influencing the healthcare sector and the communities they serve.
- Pivotal to your success will be your ability to establish credibility and build trusted relationships with colleagues throughout all departments at AMN as well as with external sources. Many of our business leaders will look to you to help them implement a lot of the newer technology architectures within Azure from a DevOps, Security and Platform-as-a-Service capability standpoint. Your accomplishments will be visible as you meet and exceed your goals and ensure the successful performance of these functions.
We take pride in our collaborative and conscientious environment and our status as an industry leader in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) while operating as a growth-centered, values-based business.
We are a competency-focused organization, and the exemplary candidate for this role will encompass the following strengths: Drive for results, relationship building skills, critical thinking, strategic prowess and organizational agility.
AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation. We provide access to the most comprehensive network of quality healthcare professionals through its innovative recruitment strategies and breadth of career opportunities. With insights and expertise, AMN Healthcare helps providers optimize their workforce to optimally reduce complexity, increase efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Our Total Talent Solutions include managed services programs, clinical and interim healthcare leaders, temporary staffing, executive search solutions, vendor management systems, recruitment process outsourcing, predictive modeling, language interpretation services, revenue cycle solutions, credentialing and other services. Clients include acute-care hospitals, community health centers and clinics, physician practice groups, retail and urgent care centers, home health facilities, schools and many other healthcare settings. We are committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. We are dedicated to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, which enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. For more information about AMN Healthcare, visit www.amnhealthcare.com.
Reporting directly to the Chief Information and Digital Officer, as The Head of Cloud Infrastructure & Cloud Operations, you will be responsible for the leadership, management, strategy and performance of all aspects of the Technology Infrastructure function, ensuring a smooth and effective delivery of infrastructure services. You will take ownership of the technical roadmap for infrastructure, deliver infrastructure improvements, and lead the migration of our technology solutions and platforms to Microsoft Azure. Your two direct reports include a Director of IT Operations and a Director of Cloud & Technology Services.
You’ll have responsibility over four teams comprised of around 70-90 team members:
- Cloud Platform Team – supports AMN enterprise cloud infrastructure
- Technology Product Cloud Infrastructure – encompasses solutions such as ShiftWise, Medefis, etc.
- Data Centers – includes our colocation centers in Las Vegas and Reno, Nevada
- End User / Desktop Devices and Infrastructure – supports computer users throughout the enterprise
We will also expect you to maintain a broad perspective across the entire Technology Department, and all AMN business units as you will be given a broad discretion to exercise considerable and sound business judgment in a large technology department and system project decisions.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assess the IT infrastructure and operations organization (people, process, and technology) to determine the best course of journey towards Cloud, specifically, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Develop the Infrastructure roadmap and contribute to the wider Technology strategy and architectural plans.
- Lead the Technology Infrastructure team towards primarily Cloud based operations.
- Assess the current deployment process to identify bottlenecks and implement solutions towards a continuous deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD). Promote, implement, and manage a robust DevOps function.
- Setup and run a site reliability function.
- Implement and manage processes and controls that assure maximum uptime and quick service to the user community for both on-premise and Cloud workloads.
- Be responsible for the management and continual improvement of Cloud Operations, DevOps, and On-premise IT infrastructure/operations.
- Partner with InfoSec and Security team to deliver on key information security and IT risk related initiatives. Furthermore, ensure compliance to patching and vulnerability policies established within the organization.
- Lead third party vendor relationships and hold them accountable for delivery of any hosted or outsourced functions.
- Develop and implement a robust Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure.
- Manage contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met and successful outcomes.
- Mentor, coach and support other IT professionals within the IT Infrastructure and Support Team developing their capabilities through the sharing of knowledge and role modeling excellent behaviors.
- Partner with direct reports to support their career progression to champion their development and to help them realize their potential.
- Set and supervise SMART objectives for the team that are consistent with the strategic objectives of both the organization and the Technology department. Establish and review key performance measures and take action to improve performance where required.
- Work with executive management to plan and strategize on capacity of infrastructure at appropriate levels of scale and efficiency.
- Design and apply an Incident and Service Management model. Lead business recovery strategy for the purpose of resuming operations of system architecture in the event of a disaster.
- Develop an integrated single desk top strategy and support plan; a telecommunications strategy and scalable Disaster Recovery Plan
- Apply strong financial leadership skills in running the Infrastructure Group, including establishing operational and capital budgets that supports AMN Strategy and IT initiatives.
- Apply expert behaviors with general business management skills in application of technology, including cost/benefit and return on investment calculation and analysis of IT investments, application of accounting treatment to IT system/project costs, and system/project portfolio management principles
The Ideal Candidate
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-graduate degree and/or experience in technology and business preferred
- 7 to 10 years of experience managing and/or advising a cloud infrastructure IT operation
- Demonstrable experience in IT infrastructure road-mapping and development, cost/benefit and return on investment analysis, project management, high performance computing, and policy development
- Experience as both a technologist, manager, innovator, and strategic leader including significant experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Strong IT strategy, architecture, and operational skills with demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to scale mid-size organizations and execute in a high growth environment
- Consistent track record of leading large, sophisticated IT projects from concept to delivery
- Experience with IT automation and streamlining processes
- Experience managing both onshore and offshore teams and resources
- Familiarity with Security Operations
- M&A experience (preferably integrations)
- Familiarity with deploying commercial products to the cloud
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external partners and creating partnerships to achieve results
- Understanding and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented
- Passionate about the mission of AMN Healthcare, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal
You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 10-15% of the time to visit other locations and attend meetings / events.
To excel in this role, you will be able to find the right balance between executing the transformation and ensuring that we maintain operations. You’ll know you’ve found success when you have:
- Implemented a cloud architecture that has allowed us to perform continuous integration and deployment for our primary platforms.
- Established cloud operations metrics and are successfully managing and measuring in alignment with those metrics.
- Transitioned our legacy applications from on-premise locations to either the data centers or the cloud.
- Built partnerships with other leaders and partners throughout AMN.
The AMN culture is fast-paced and demanding, reflecting a personal commitment and drive that delivers objectives while maintaining the highest standards and practices that consistently add value to our overall strategies, goals and positive outcomes of the company. This is a 360° role that will allow you to have influence at the top, side and below in an organization that believes in its people.
Respect · Passion · Continuous Improvement · Trust · Customer Focus · Innovation
These values are embedded in everything we do, and we invest in maintaining a culture that allows people to thrive and grow. We adopt a servant-leadership approach, and we’ll expect you to do so as well. This means modeling a positive style, sharing your deep Cloud & Infrastructure expertise and improving overall team performance through active and engaged listening. The pace is fast here, and things can get hectic. To be successful, you will embody a balanced approach that encompasses a commitment to results combined with the personality of an inspirational and engaging leader, passionate about their team members and the business as a whole.
As a company, every day, we…
- Deliver the best talent and insights to help healthcare organizations optimize their workforce
- Give healthcare professionals opportunities to do their best work towards quality patient care
- Create a values-based culture of innovation where our team members can achieve their goals
Awards and Recognition
In addition to being recognized as a leader in healthcare staffing and workforce management, AMN has decades of innovation and thought leadership in the healthcare staffing industry and has been recognized by some of the most prestigious organizations in the healthcare industry — and beyond. Here’s a small sampling of a few of our many accolades:
- AMN Healthcare Named as One of America’s Most Responsible Companies – 2020
- Susan Salka receives global award for Transformational Leadership by the Women Corporate Directors Network – 2021
- Susan Salka receives Leadership Excellence Award by National Diversity Council – 2020
- AMN recognized as a 2019 Best and Brightest Company to Work for in the Nation – 2020
- AMN listed to Human Rights Campaign 2020 Corporate Equality Index
- Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies list – 2018
- Bloomberg Gender Equality Index company – 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® awarded at a national and local level
- HRO Today’s Diversity & Inclusion Excellence Award – 2018
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Corporate Equality index – 2018, 2019 & 2020
- CEO Connection, Susan Salka, Mid-Market CEO of the year – 2019
- Innovation Leader’s Impact Award – 2018
Career Growth Potential
History shows that if you invest in your role at AMN, we’ll invest in your career. In this role, you’ll be able to showcase not only your technical expertise but also your leadership skills and ability to deliver results — all characteristics we look for when advancement opportunities arise. In fact, given our strong growth, we hire with an eye to the future, looking for people with career runway and a desire to grow their careers.
The Cypress Waters business park is an appealing master-planned development, perfectly placed in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex. You’ll enjoy working in this convenient location situated next to a variety of shops, restaurants and other amenities.
A Company That Cares
We have a strong dedication towards social responsibility, as evidenced in the many ways we serve communities around the world. For example, more than 18,000 Indigenous people have been directly helped by AMN missions to Guatemala. The 2019 volunteers recently returned from the sixth humanitarian and medical mission.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) represents our commitment to economic and social development that will have a positive impact on the health and well-being of our team members, local and global communities, and our partnerships at large, while advancing the quality of our company through engagement in the world around
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you’ll enjoy the open culture that AMN has cultivated in order to bring your whole self to work
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
- Address Dallas, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10