About the job
Hardware Engineer – Electrification Control Electronics
It’s a Mission, not just a Job. As a multi-billion dollar leader of disruptive change in the automotive electronics technology industry, Visteon is shaping the future (while contributing to a cleaner environment) through pioneering innovations in its electrification product line — including electrification control electronics, power electronics and energy storage.
The mission of this role is to: Accelerate Visteon’s reputation for technical excellence providing Hardware-Software Interface expertise for the design and test of electronic components, equipment, systems and products by developing software solutions for the early Hardware Prototypes and providing guidance to the Hardware-Software interaction.
How You Will Spend Your Days
- Designing cost effective and robust HW solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Verifying electrical requirements at component and bench level testing.
- Leading Hardware-Software Interface discussions.
- Performing complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong firmware code implementation.
- Working on assignments primarily involve senior/advanced level functional test code development.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics
- Familiar with Power Mode Features.
- Significant experience with C++,Linux, Python or any other programming language for low level drivers implementation or application development.
- Experience with Electrification Control Electronics products architectures.
- Experience reading or interacting with board layout, prototype construction, lab and field testing, troubleshooting, etc. specific to the automotive industry.
- Significant knowledge of microcontroller debugging.
- Experience with Digital signals/microcontrollers/GPUs.
- Experience with communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, UART, USB.
- Experience with Schematic and ECAD design.
- Experience with Worst Case Analysis Circuit.
- Experience with Product development cycle for automotive products.
- Experienced with the operation and usage of Vector CANoe / CANanlyzer.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause Software, microprocessor, and memory issues.
- Able to interface with internal/external customers and component suppliers.
The Mindset and Key Behaviors You’ll Need to Bring
Visteon is a high-growth, fast-paced and entrepreneurially-spirited company.
Systems / Critical Thinking
- Processes different types of information, which require complex analysis, correctly identifying key trends; uses incisive questioning to gain a deep understanding of issues and their wider impact; quickly generates appropriate solutions informed by previous experience.
- Prepares well-written material for a range purpose; highlights the key facts and critical points behind an argument.
- Works well with complex data and evaluates information effectively; makes full use of the latest technology and ensures others on the team do the same.
- Is positive and optimistic about what the team can achieve; recovers quickly from setbacks and helps other team members to move on.
- Appreciates the need for change, addressing ambiguous or uncertain situations directly; easily adapts to changing circumstances or demands, and helps others on the team to accept the unknown.
- Seeks feedback related to own and team performance; deals constructively with criticism.
- Interacts well with people across teams; communicates with enthusiasm and networks effectively.
- Establishes rapport and puts people at ease; develops long-lasting relationships within and across teams.
- Convinces people by making a strong case, bringing other people on the team to understand and agree with the presented viewpoint; negotiates effectively to get the best outcomes for self and the team.
- Articulates information clearly, explaining complex information effectively and confidently in presentations to existing and new team members.
- Challenges others to consider and discuss established views or assumptions that require further thought; effectively argues own perspective.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity.
Elevates the Performance of Others:
- Shares learning and growth opportunities within team when they arise and encourages others to work outside of their comfort zone by taking on new development opportunities.
- Finds opportunities to individually coach others, providing specific insights and tips to enhance skills, knowledge or work performance.
- Proactively provides ongoing constructive, behaviorally-oriented feedback to others within the team to increase future performance.
- Delivers individual and group feedback to support performance and development.
- Leads with empathy and respect toward all employees and partners.
- Address Van Buren, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors