About the job
Requisition ID: 49089
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
This role in summary
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to us by our consumers, employees, and third parties with whom we interact. As a member of Whirlpool Corporation’s global privacy team, this individual will work closely with Whirlpool’s Internet of Things (IoT) program, driving Whirlpool’s Privacy by Design philosophy into the operations of our connected appliance development and launch cycles. Ultimately, this person’s role is to reduce risk to our organization by ensuring all IOT employees, staff and contractors know, understand and follow our Privacy by Design requirements for Whirlpool’s IoT platform and devices. Today, you may be reviewing privacy by design strategies for Whirlpool’s connected appliance initiatives, providing privacy awareness training, or developing privacy job aids for data scientists. Tomorrow, you may be working closely with the digital business team to define our mobile app privacy requirements and provide advice via a California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) privacy impact assessment. At the end of the week, you might be working with the data governance team to map out the roadmap for privacy compliance activities and the governance model for sustainable privacy practices. This is an onsite position located at our Southwest Michigan Headquarters
Your responsibilities will include
- Ensure that our IoT(Internet of Things) /connected appliance program meets all privacy regulations, standards, and compliance requirements
- Own, deliver, and manage our Privacy by Design policies, guidelines, and requirements in our IoT program, ensuring awareness
- Work closely with Global Information Systems (GIS) Global Product Organization (GPO) and Business leadership to plan and secure funding for all tactical and strategic privacy initiatives for IoT
- Be the IoT subject matter expert for the company, staying current with applicable privacy law
- Advise on Whirlpool privacy impact assessments and on data protection impact assessments when required under Article 35 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for IoT related processing activities
- Provide GIS GPO/IoT privacy training, education, and awareness
- Monitor, track and ensure adequate processes are in place that provide timely resolution of privacy requests/issues/complaints in the connected appliance space
- Available for inquiries from data subjects/consumers on issues relating to data protection/privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights
- Monitor, track and periodically audit IoT privacy processes
- Active participant on the global incident response team for potential personal data protection events, investigations, and notifications, including simulations/exercises related to connected appliances
- Structure and maintain this program to be long term, so ultimately we are not changing just behaviors but culture within GIS GPO/IoT.
- Report directly to the Chief Privacy Officer
- Domestic and International travel up to one week per year
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in Information Technology Operations, Cloud Operations, Application Development, Privacy, Cyber Security, Engineering, Compliance or Audit
Preferred Skills And Experiences
- Passion for keeping the global Whirlpool organization safe, secure, and reliable. Passion for data privacy and respect for the individual.
- Global privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, LGPD and Standard Contractual Clauses) as they pertain to IOT devices, systems, and our customers. Staying up-to-date as the laws evolve
- Analytics, data mining, statistics, and other data science activities and their impact on data privacy
- IoT and Cloud Technology (e.g., RESTful APIs, M2M, voice command)
- Servant leader mindset for responsible enablement of business objectives and employee activity
- Form complex communications / messages in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities within our organization. This can include different cultures, nationalities, international locations and languages
- Establish positive working relationships and garner influence with other functions
- Own and solve difficult challenges and ability to motivate others to higher levels of performance and engagement
- Privacy by design and operational implementation of privacy processes within the business
- Desire and aptitude for continuous learning and keeping abreast of new and emerging privacy practices and impacting technologies
- Success stories guiding projects and advancing organizational privacy goals
- Dealing with data protection and privacy issues for a multinational organization
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) such as CIPT, CIPP/US or CIPP/E
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
See what it’s like to work at Whirlpool by visiting Whirlpool Careers . Additional information about the company can be found on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , Instagram and YouTube .
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.protected by applicable law.
- Address Benton Harbor, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5