Company Generac Power Systems
Name Global Cloud Analyst II
Req # 59487
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have compassion for communities where we live and work. We are the #1 company in storm response, throughout the company’s history, we have remained passionate about helping those in need, both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride and passion
The Cloud Analyst II is part of the Generac Global IT Operations team, participating in delivering Cloud platform services, systems and support across all Generac public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions. The Cloud Analyst II is responsible for day-to-day administration, maintenance, and deployment of resources into various corporate cloud environments. A successful candidate will understand and be highly skilled at scripting and automated deployment methodologies. The Cloud Analyst II will coordinate with various Infrastructure teams and work in combination with the Manager – IT Global Technical Architecture, to build, optimize, standardize, and cultivate our cloud presence to agreed upon technical and security standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy, support, optimize and maintain cloud platforms, systems, IaaS, PaaS
- Assist with the migration of systems and applications from premise to cloud
- Assist with technology selections for both premise and cloud operations
- Document and establish cloud infrastructure standards, policies, and procedures
- Establish critical monitoring metrics, thresholds, dashboards, apply patching best practices
- Work with cross functional teams to support Global IT cloud objectives and architecture
- Consider and develop solutions aligning with expectations regarding high availability, security, and scalability
- Create proof of concepts and build solutions in collaboration with teams
- Communicate any potential issue to the Generac IT Leadership
- Participate in internal and external audits as requested
- Document and contribute to change control process for all cloud activities
- Assist in investigations of possible security exceptions
- Research, present and accurately articulate benefits and goals of cloud platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years working in administration and implementation of Microsoft infrastructure technologies.
- 3 years of strong experience in Cloud Platform management and best practices.
- Ability to travel internationally to support global cloud projects
- Experience working on one or more of the following cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc…
- Experience with enterprise architecture principles and methodologies
- Azure, GCP and/or AWS experience (Certifications preferred) including hands on knowledge and management.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data and applications) with an ability to deliver sound full-stack troubleshooting and support
- Integration with SSO providers like Active Directory and Azure AD
- Experience with Cloud methodologies, frameworks, automation, and industry leading trends like DevOps
- Experience with premise / hybrid infrastructure and technologies (VMWare; VMWare Cloud, BCDR concepts)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced working Microsoft Technology knowledge and experience
- Ability to Identify and document current and future state of cloud architecture
- Able to provide quality customer service and support in alignment with a professional and positive attitude
- Professionally handle client requests and ensure issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Technical aptitude
- Problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to understand and accomplish tasks as directed by management
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to step into existing projects and resolve issues
- Possess a strong desire to constantly improve and develop skill set
- Understanding of cloud governance best practices and policy, identity access management and roles/rights
- Strong understanding of monitoring, alerting, threshold management (SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios)
- Understanding of change management and impact, comfort level with phasing in changes to a determined standard
- Strong demonstrated ability to orchestrate patching and monitoring of complex enterprise environments.
- Familiarity with Cyber Security industry best practices and hardening standards.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional international and domestic travel.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, café, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- Every day is Jeans Day! Dress for your day.
- Product loan and discount programs
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
- Address Waukesha,WI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10