Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), and the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region.
Our brand promise – Makes Work Life Better™ – is the commitment we make to our employees, our customers and their employees, our partners, and to the communities we operate in around the world. As the pace of change accelerates, our modern technologies help our customers adapt, evolve, and win in today’s borderless, flexible, and skills-based work world.
Dayforce is Ceridian’s award-winning cloud HCM platform. Its single solution, single database, and single continuous calculation engine helps customers achieve increased efficiencies, productivity, and best-in-class compliance. Dayforce is the people platform for the global workforce.
Location: Work is what you do, not where you go. For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Canada or the U.S.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Development Manager of the Dayforce Core Security team, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for designing and implementing new products and features as well as enhancing existing solutions. This is a full stack role, however will be Front end focused (80/20 split). In this role, the candidate will primarily focus on creating UI security components as it relates to the Core Security team initiatives.
The Senior Developer will collaborate with an energetic team of Developers, Test Engineers, Technical Product Managers and Technical Writers throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and well-engineered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
What you’ll get to do
- Support UI Security efforts for the Core Security feature team
- Analyze, design, prototype, program, test, troubleshoot and support – the complete software lifecycle in your hands!
- Envision and deliver new features by working, as part of a high-performing scrum team, with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel
- Create and enhance a scalable SaaS enterprise application
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functionality is added
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor other developers and share knowledge
What’s in it for you
- Be part of the high performing Dayforce Core Security team! This is a Scrum team comprised of high caliber, hands-on software professionals who aim to provide technical leadership and stewardship of the Dayforce product.
- The team enables Dayforce HCM’s technical success by building performant, scalable and secure core components, frameworks, and customer-facing technical features, and by providing build processes, tools and expertise to enhance developer productivity. The team also enhances the maintainability and supportability of Dayforce HCM by building environment management and operational management applications and tools.
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- Solid design sense using architecture patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Knowledge of Web security, authentication, and applied cryptography
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- In-depth experience building micro-services within an enterprise software environment is a requirement
- In-depth working experience with C# and .NET Framework
- Experience with Docker Containers and Azure Devops CI/CD automation
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Azure
- Proficiency with TSQL and relational database systems, as well as NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB)
- Proficiency with RESTful Services
- Experience with one or more advanced programming constructs such as multi-threaded programming, dependency injection, database design, and performance optimization
What would make you really stand out
- Hands on experience with React framework (at least 3-4 years).
- Experience with or desire to work in an agile development environment (scrum)
- Knowledge of UX- related analytics, metrics, and measurement techniques
- Experience in practical application of accessibility standards and guidelines
- Experience designing for mobile and/or responsive web
- Experience building highly-performant and scalable applications
- Experience building various authentication solutions such as Single Sign-On, and Multi-factor authentication
- Knowledgeable of common web application security vulnerabilities and how to protect against them
- Experience building tools for use by other developers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Salary Ranges
- Address USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5