About the job
New York City, NY or Calgary, AB
About BIDS Trading
BIDS Trading is an institutional network and broker/dealer that provides software to help asset managers trade large blocks of liquidity. BIDS Trading operates one of the world’s largest equity block trading systems across the U.S., Europe and Canada.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and innovative engineering, with a proven track record of exceptional delivery. In this role, you will design and implement key components of our trading systems.
BIDS is in the early stages of a technology uplift and the right candidate will bring deep and relevant experience of proposing, designing and implementing modern trading systems in Java and related technologies. This role will be focused on the trading platform/matching engine, and will include responsibility for not only helping craft a forward-looking platform roadmap, but delivering on that vision. This is very much a hands-on technical role and will appeal to technology purists.
You will collaborate with other technologists in New York and Calgary to help position BIDS for the next decade of growth.
- Write and re-engineer server-side Java services to add and evolve functionality.
- Design and deliver significant enhancements to the firms core matching engine and surrounding components.
- Contribute to the evolution of the firm’s SDLC and surrounding tooling and processes.
- Implement test harnesses and automation to improve test coverage.
- Constantly challenge yourself and the team for continuous improvement.
- Deep and broad experience in software engineering: designing, implementing, and refactoring complex systems in Java.
- High level of proficiency in SQL, Linux, and Bash
- Extensive experience of high-performance, transactional trading systems in at least one asset class, including detailed knowledge of order lifecycles, messaging architectures and persistence patterns
- Skilled at problem-solving, both big-picture architectural and detailed technical issues.
- Understanding of design trade-offs, especially around non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, testability, and resilience.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as JUnit and Jmh.
- Experience using debuggers and profilers to diagnose and fix problems.
- Experience using source control management systems such as Git in a continuous integration environment.
- The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a cross functional team environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the workings of global equities markets
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, common mistakes, and penetration testing approaches.
- Exposure to high performance Java technology patterns, including event sourcing, messaging (e.g. Aeron, Chronicle) and GC-free techniques
At Hanweck there is tremendous potential to learn, grow and seek advancement, while also contributing to policies, decisions, and the direction of the company. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a highly open, honest, and fun work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: age, race, gender, pregnancy, religion or creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English & Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5