Here we grow again! As we continue to grow our business, we have a need for a top-notch Executive Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a desire to be part of a strong marketing community. The right candidate will have high personal performance standards and a customer service oriented interpersonal style. We will rely on you to provide administrative support to our Chief Marketing Officer and our Senior Vice President of Digital Marketing and eCommerce. In this role, you will assist with presentations and spreadsheets, coordinate meetings and conferences, communicate with others on behalf of the executive(s). You’ll also be expected to exercise independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diverse workload. This position has the option to be 100% remote for the right candidate or hybid based out of the Walnut Creek, CA or Schaumburg, IL area.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ensure accurate, efficient and confidential administrative support for the executive(s). Accept and balance multiple competing priorities and assignments with professionalism.
- Heavy calendar management balancing competing priorities.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, conferences, and department activities or events.
- Make all travel arrangements for executive leadership.
- Respond to regularly occurring requests for information, but also answer non-routine correspondence. Assemble highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Enter expense reimbursements for executive(s) into expense software.
- In the future, this role may have office operations responsibilities: interface with third-party vendors for security, copiers, supplies, maintenance, off site storage, horticulture, etc. Ensure all third-party services are provided in a timely and cost-conscious manner.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating mailings, etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Associates degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Ten years professional work experience; at least five (5) years supporting multiple executives, and experience supporting Marketing teams in high growth companies preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, professionalism, customer service oriented.
- Highly organized and excellent administrative skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential information, high integrity.
- Self-directed, demonstrate solid decision-making abilities.
- Remains calm under pressure, always addresses situations in a proactive and professional manner. Accepts and acts on constructive feedback; adapts smoothly and positively to change. Sets a professional example for others.
- Willing to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, both scheduled and unscheduled, in support of executive(s).
- Home office or corporate office position that requires the frequent use of a computer; much work time is spent sitting.
- Both our Schaumburg Corporate Center and Walnut Creek Corporate Center offer many amenities including an on-site fitness center, deli-style restaurant, paid covered parking and local discounts.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada – all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Job Code – 8163
- Address USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20