At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is currently seeking Entry Level Product Cybersecurity Engineers to join our Product Security Engineering Team located in Seattle, WA.
The BDS Product Security Engineering team is responsible for the cybersecurity and resiliency of Boeing products and services and we are looking for talented engineers to join our team. The work is multi-disciplinary and includes activities in cyber and systems security analysis, engineering, and vulnerability assessments and mitigation.
You will be joining a team of advanced security engineers from across the Boeing Enterprise, who are jointly developing best practices, techniques and tools, and a community to draw upon to deliver best value to our customers.
A successful candidate will highlight their interest in software and system security, experience working in team environments, rapid prototyping, and supporting system and software development, integration and test. These systems cover information technology, as well as embedded systems, and other non-IT elements. You are also highly motivated and exhibit strong written and verbal communication, inter-personal, and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently and effectively with external customers and subcontractors in a multi-discipline program and environment.
As an integral part of our team, you will be:
- Contributing to the development of innovative software capabilities to secure Boeing products using DevSecOps pipelines and automation
- Participating in rapid prototyping and product security software research and development projects
- Innovating new software-based capabilities to secure software containers from internal and external cyber-attacks by being able to detect, respond, and recover without human intervention or mission degradation
- Participating in the development of algorithms, interfaces and designs for cyber-secure and resilient software systems
- Performing collaborative design & development with other engineers and suppliers
- Joining a team performing cyber risk assessments and developing risk mitigation plans
- Performing analysis of systems and components for risks, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Supporting incident response and mitigation
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Minimum 1 year of experience or classwork developing software applications for Raspberry Pi or other ARM/PowerPC-based devices
- Minimum 1 year of experience or classwork developing and debugging software in Java, Python or C/C++
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post Start is required.
Preferred Qualifications/Desired Skills (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience or classwork factoring and applying confidentiality, integrity and availability considerations across software development lifecycle
- BS in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent is preferred
- Exposure to IOT or embedded product and cybersecurity systems analysis, design, development, and testing
- Knowledge of and familiarization with cybersecurity principles, standards and practices
- Experience with integration and Unit Testing
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and containerized software
- Knowledge of and familiarization with DevSecOps principles and practices
- Understanding of software-based hardware emulation frameworks
- Experience in software development competitions, capture-the-flag events, or contributions to open-source software
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Referral Bonus: $1500 (for eligible employees)
Union Representation: This is a union represented position. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Address Seattle, Washington, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors