Products and Technology
Enterprise Security Engineer – Third Party Security
Are you an expert security professional, passionate about reducing third party risk for large enterprises? Do you get passionate about working in a strategic third party security program and innovating new methods of assessment the entire industry can benefit from? Are you motivated to understand security challenges across a broad range of platforms and products?
Salesforce Enterprise Security is hiring a Security Engineer for our Third Party Security team to help assess and maintain the security of third party suppliers. In this role you will partner closely with business collaborators, legal, and sourcing, in the selection of suppliers ensuring they meet or exceed Salesforce security requirements. You will conduct security assessments of third parties and participate in third party security reviews after security events. You will also have the opportunity to share your knowledge through internal events, conferences, and writing knowledge articles and research papers.
Salesforce is looking for an experienced and proactive security professional who can bring new insights to an established program, and who is all about working for an innovative, forward thinking security team that seeks continuous improvement.
- Perform security assessments of third parties, incorporating penetration test results, tooling scans, and audit findings into a comprehensive picture of supplier maturity.
- Provide mentorship to prospective suppliers on Salesforce security requirements including remediation advice and potential feature improvements.
- Review security language in supplier contracts and provide mentorship aligned with security requirements.
- Work multi-functionally with departments including Sourcing, Legal, and Business Technology
- Use your writing and presentation skills to communicate at all levels in the organizations. Possess the ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and thoughtfully to partners from a variety of backgrounds, including those who are non-technical.
- 2+ years work experience in a security role
- Previous experience with large enterprise third party security programs
- Experience resolving security maturity of third parties and developing security risk profiles
- Knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) and/or ISO 27001/2 security controls
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience addressing executive management.
- Execution oriented, results-driven, and a self-motivator
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, partnership and influencing skills
- Excellent critical-thinking and social skills.
- Familiarity with standard security certifications such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, and PCI DSS.
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Relevant BA/BS degree and/or certifications (e.g., CRISC, CISSP, CCIE, CISM, CISA, CCSK)
- Experience reviewing and editing security related contract language.
- Experience with third party security reporting
- Experience defining and presenting security remediation tasks to project and data owners
- Experience working with non-technical teams to identify technical details, risk factors, and project scope
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $110,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job ID : JR142975
- Salary Offer $110,000
- Address San Francisco, CA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5