About the job
The primary responsibility of the Engineer – Cyber Security is to design, implement, and support the company’s overall information security infrastructure.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures. All Las Vegas Sands Corp. Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Configures, implements, and troubleshoots a wide variety of cyber security devices
- Implement and maintain cyber tools.
- Monitor cyber tools’ health.
- Monitor and respond to output from cyber tools.
- Tune tools for optimum performance and business focused monitoring.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Capacity planning for cyber devices.
- Respond to events/incidents with knowledge, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Create and participate in cyber security practice exercises.
- Identify and define system security requirements for a heterogeneous computing environment (Microsoft, IBM, Linux, proprietary OS, Industrial Control Systems).
- Design cyber security architecture in accordance with IT architects and current and forward-looking network design.
- Create, develop, and maintain detailed cyber security design documentation.
- Prepare, document, and maintain standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Collaborate with team members and business teams to troubleshoot system.
- Configure and troubleshoot cyber security devices.
- Submit and respond to tickets from an automated ticketing system.
- Prepare change management items and participate in the Change Approval Board (CAB) meetings.
- Create and maintain metrics.
- Participate in incident response activities.
- Create various types of reports and present to a varied audience.
- Stay current on malware, infiltration and investigative techniques, forensics, and the threat environment.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Attend work as scheduled on a consistent and regular basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- 3 years of experience in cyber security or information technology
- Experience in at least 4 of the following:
- System Administration
- Network Administration
- Installing and implementing security appliances
- Capacity planning
- Network architecture
- Cyber forensics
- Data Loss Prevention
- Firewall administration
- IDS/IPS installation, implementation and maintenance
- Vulnerability and security configuration scanning
- Vulnerability and configuration exploit software
- Anti-virus an anti-malware hardware and software
- SIEM installation, implementation and maintenance
- Cyber incident response
- Secure configuration management
- Threat intelligence
- Metrics development
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and a team player collaborating with a team that spans the globe
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members, management, senior management and consultants both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to create and document network and system diagrams
- Must be able to write understandable procedures
- Must be able to respond to calls as needed (24/7)Must be able to design, install and implement cyber infrastructure solutions that integrate with the existing infrastructure
- Ability to demonstrate a calm demeanor when faced with chaotic circumstances
- Knowledge of networking concepts and principles
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
Must be able to:
- Lift or carry 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
- Physically access assigned workspace areas with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work remotely as necessary.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, and dust.
- Utilize laptop and standard keyboard to perform essential functions of the job.
- Salary Offer $120,000 to $133,000
- Address Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5