About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a blended SOC Analyst and Forensic Analyst with strong technical skills to conduct challenging analysis. The primary responsibility for this role is to monitor, tune, and investigate alerts on multiple Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) platforms. Investigations can include, but are not limited to, Security Information and Event Monitor (SIEM), Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV). An additional responsibility is to triage alert tickets to ensure the proper severity has been assigned.
The role will, on an overflow basis, also be responsible for conducting forensic investigations and analysis in support of cyber incidents that are reported into the CSIRT team. This role will require the ability to triage and conduct thorough examinations of all types of digital media within a heterogeneous environment, the ability to determine containment and/or remediation activities that may be required as well as identify potential threats. Reporting and collaborating with the different areas of Business will be required, as well as providing relevant lesson learned output that can be fed into the IBM threat landscape.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 year of experience in IT Security Digital Forensics
- 1 year of experience in Incident Response
- 6+ months of experience working with EDR platforms
- 6+ months of experience working with a SIEM, such as Q-Radar or Splunk
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent general writing skills in presenting information in a non-technical manner; Business Case construction, Proposals, and Plans
- Ability to successfully lead and facilitate information gathering meetings with client senior-level employees
- Event analysis and correlation
- Experience managing large- and small-scale cyber security incidents
- Ability to coach and train junior level analysts in industry best practices and methodologies
- An ability to understand and correlate strategic decisions/methodologies into their practical application at an operational level
- Demonstrated understanding of database structures and SQL
- Experience with Linux, MAC OSX, and Windows operating systems
- Demonstrated EDR platform alert analysis experience
- Demonstrated computer forensic investigations experience
- Expert-level knowledge of common attack vectors and penetration techniques
- Solid working knowledge of networking technology and tools, firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS, encryption
- Demonstrated knowledge of forensic tools such as Encase, FTK, Axiom, Black Bag, SIFT
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Certified in one or all the following: EnCE, CFCE, CCE, DFCP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CSIH
- Strong understanding of networking protocols
- Experience in fast-paced investigations
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Demonstrated system administration skills
- Ability to present highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate – they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors