PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF Trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Technical lead for security of vehicle electrical/electronic/software systems.
Here’s what you will do in this role:
- Perform threat modeling and risk assessments for current and forward-model vehicle systems
- Assess technology proposals from external suppliers for their potential to meet risk management design objectives
- Define security controls for system level design requirements
- Coordinate with distributed teams for managing security scope during software development activities
- Perform system level verification testing of implemented security controls
- Consult with EE system architects to achieve continuous improvement in vehicle security with each future update
- Collaborate with non-security professionals for supply chain risk management
- Liaise with Enterprise IT Security to align goals and strategy
- Maintain professional relationships with security communities in the transportation sector
- Develop and deliver awareness training to enhance embedded cyber-security knowledge and skill throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency with at least one compiled and one interpreted programming language
- Familiarity with a security management framework such at ISO 21434, ISO 27001, NIST CSF, etc.
- Ability to work in a highly-distributed, lean, collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good planning/tracking skills
- Competency with standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, etc)
- Able to design new processes and resourcefully solve complex technical issues
- Determined commitment to reliability, value, quality, and safety in all aspects of work
- Willingness to grow continuously, both personally and professionally and a strong results orientation
- 7 or more years of experience in two or more roles: real-time software development, vehicle electronics and controls, embedded systems design, application security, penetration testing, incident response, or compliance
- Ability to travel for scheduled meetings less than 20% to domestic and international locations
- Ability to maintain/obtain within 6 months a security certification: CompTIA CAP or CASP, ISC2 CISM or CISSP, GIAC GSLC, EC-Council CCISO.
Additional Valued Attributes:
- Knowledge of applied cryptography for provisioning secure hardware
- Knowledge of secure development techniques using static and dynamic analysis
- Practical experience with security controls for POSIX type operating systems
- Experience managing vulnerability disclosure programs
- Familiarity with AGILE software development processes
- Familiarity with requirements tracking and software test/validation tools
- Proficiency using Requirements Capture, Simulation, Software Configuration, Defect Tracking/Reporting tools.
- Awareness of heavy duty commercial truck regulations, especially affecting instrumentation, emissions, safety, On Board Diagnostics, and other areas that impact electrical and electronic design, architecture, and functionality
- Experience with structured product development processes
- Automotive electronic systems engineering skills including multiplex communication systems (especially CAN/J1939), architecture, and control system design and analysis.
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and autonomous trucks
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Paid Time Off – vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and other conditions of employment.
- Address Kirkland, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors