Job Description Summary
As an Embedded Software Security Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect, implement, test and develop cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems. You will lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE’s businesses such as Aviation, Power, Renewables, and Healthcare as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Energy. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Are you ready to join our team of technology enthusiasts to help make GE’s industrial assets safer and to protect our nation’s most critical infrastructure?
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with GE businesses to develop and help transition security technologies for embedded systems from early stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool providers to identify the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
- Collaborate with universities, industrial consortiums, commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in cybersecurity for embedded systems.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open source communities.
- Telecommuting arrangements can be considered during the time of this pandemic.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience OR Bachelor’s degree in similar fields with a minimum of 7 years of industrial experience.
- Strong embedded programming skills (e.g., C/C++, Java, Phyton, etc.).
- Experience developing software for embedded systems and microcontrollers (e.g., x86 and/or ARM processors, etc.).
- Experience with Linux security and Linux driver or kernel development.
- Experience with incorporating hardware-based security techniques (e.g. Hardware Security Modules, ARM TrustZone, Secure Boot, Software Update, etc.).
- Practical working knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, and standards (e.g. TLS, X.509).
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in teams and across business functions.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters or Bachelors level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran, Cuba, and Sudan). Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either “U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
- Experience with FPGA programming (e.g., VHDL, Verilog, etc.).
- Knowledge of digital design and understanding of hardware at the component level.
- Experience with hypervisors, containers, and related technologies.
- Experience with embedded development in an RTOS environment (e.g., QNX, VxWorks, Green Hills, etc.).
- Experience with writing proposals in response to government solicitations.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Niskayuna, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors