A motivated, resourceful Software Developer is required with experience developing embedded applications. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, documenting and revision control of applications for development kits, evaluation boards, SOMs and single-board-computers. This in context of IoT applications typically, with wireless connectivity to cloud services such as Microsoft Azure. The successful candidate will have responsibilities also to develop internal and external training material and application notes, based on the software applications engineered. They will work closely with Avnet suppliers such as NXP, Microchip, ST Micro, Infineon, Renesas, etc), to define, develop and implement differentiating design solutions that competitively position Avnet as a complete solution provider. As member of the Products & Emerging Technologies team, some support obligations in area of specialization to Avnet’s Field Application Engineers is also expected.
- Architect and develop microcontroller embedded applications using C, C++ and Python and a variety of different toolchains
- Create reference design application software, that enable and highlight differentiating product capabilities
- Author related technical blog content with a goal to enable, accelerate and simplify customer software engineering tasks
- Be a self-starter, with commitment and accountability to productive remote work, as member of a geographically distributed team.
- Multi-task between projects when required, identifying priorities and effectively self-managing schedules and tasks.
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude and be motived to develop productive, enduring relationships with supplier partners, co-workers and Avnet internal resources (eg. marketing, FAEs and field sales personnel)
- Take ownership to locate opportunities that nurture synergies wherever possible with internal and external resources
- Apply office productivity skills and technical rigor in the authoring and review of requirements documentation, technical reports, App Notes and presentations
Job Level Specifications:
The ideal candidate will have skills and technical qualities from the list below:
- Formal Computer Science training, or in related engineering field with strong software skills
- Coding experience and technical proficiency in architecting and implementing application software for embedded systems
- Ability to identify key technical differentiators, create example software that highlights these features and author related blog content that enables other developers to apply this
- Hands-on experience using microcontroller devices and boards from NXP, ST, Nordic, Renesas, Microchip, etc.
- Some exposure and experience developing RTOS based applications (eg. using FreeRTOS or Azure RTOS)
- Experience with developing embedded device drivers for sensors and peripherals
- Application processor Linux experience plus ability to efficiently integrate and test more complex board-level solutions.
- Resourcefulness in developing PC-based test software using C# and Python scripting
- Experience with Git and software version control best-practices
- Experience with developing Raspberry Pi based Python-scripted applications specifically
- Hands-on experience building IoT applications that have wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi, BLE, LTE)
- System-level experience with using IoT-related cloud services (eg. Azure and AWS)
- General familiarity with use of REST APIs, certificate-based security, JSON data structures, etc
- Working knowledge of creating cloud-based telemetry visualization and control dashboards.
- Some awareness of server-side software development methods and tools is required,
- Familiarity or experience with mobile App development targeting iOS and Android devices
- Ability to simplify and effectively articulate complicated technical messages and a passion for technology
- Ability to interface and support internal and external customers across multiple regions, supplier groups, and management levels.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving resourcefulness and time-management skills
- Good English language skills (verbal & written). Fluency in a 2nd language would be a plus (Mandarin preferred)
- Typically 3+ years with bachelor’s or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- This is a fully remote role that can be worked from anywhere across the US as well as potentially other countries.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
- Address Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors