About the job
Embedded Software Architect
JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis for an Embedded Software Architect. Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Allison Transmission is a part of the rapidly growing Electric Vehicle (EV) technology space, and is proud to have a world class team developing these products & technologies. Allison Transmission is seeking an Embedded Software Architect to design, develop, test, and document software & controls architectures for use across multiple EV and conventional powertrain controls platforms.
- Design, develop, test and document embedded control system software architectures for use across multiple different powertrain applications.
- Maintain the architecture to satisfy organizational goals and industry standards such as AutoSAR, ISO 26262, cybersecurity & applicable regulations
- Apply the architecture across multiple toolsets & languages, including C/C++ hand code, Object Oriented design, Rhapsody UML modeling, and Simulink
- Develop training material & process documentation for software & control systems developers
- Work with in cross-functional engineering teams of Systems, Algorithm, Calibration and Validation engineers to develop existing and new products
- Participate in controls & software design & implementation reviews to ensure consistent application of architecture
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with multiple software coding & modeling languages, including C/C++ & Simulink
- Familiarity with embedded software architecture standards, such as AutoSAR
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years of software engineering experience
- Interest in real-time embedded controls development
- Experience with C/C++ or other compiled software languages
- Simulink/StateFlow/MathWorks software or model development
- Experience with software version control & change management
- Experience with software quality processes & tools, such as CMMI, SPICE, Autosar
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with in-circuit debuggers like Lauterbach
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
- Address Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10