What We’re Looking For
Successful applicants will be responsible for providing support for the faculty, staff, and students at the School of Engineering & Computer Science (ECS), specifically at the Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative (BRIC). Most of their time will be spent on the Central Texas Cyber Initiative (CTCI). For their remaining time they will assist with routine maintenance of the ECS computer labs and work with the team by assisting with activities as assigned to ensure the best experience for our students and faculty. Funding for this position is guaranteed through August 2023; we will seek additional funding to continue this position beyond that date. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of the needs of a diverse student population within a Christian higher education setting and an openness to cultural humility.
- Proficient in network and system security & administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Office, Teams, etc.).
- Possess advanced knowledge in standard operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Proficient at performing hands-on problem solving.
- Able to occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage your time.
- Willing to share knowledge in a team environment.
- Proficient at implementing and testing new technologies.
- Desired: Possess Security Certifications (e.g., Security+, CySA+, CISSP, CISM, CISA)
- Be successful communicating and interacting with all campus populations including students, faculty, and staff.
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field with at least one year of experience, a valid driver’s license, and an active Christian faith are required. An associate’s degree with 2 or more years of experience working in a computer support arena will also be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Provide support for CTCI infrastructure including software installations, updates, troubleshooting, maintenance, and hardware diagnostics.
- Assist with computer support in departmental computer labs, classrooms, and research areas.
- Installs, configures, implements, and maintains CTCI infrastructure, systems, and assets.
- Select, Implement, Maintain, Monitor security controls for the CTCI Facility.
- Perform regular audits of systems/assets and provide written reports to management.
- Make recommendations to management of additional resources/actions needed for the CTCI Facility.
- Conduct security risk assessments and other relevant security functions of CTCI systems and assets.
- Maintain and implement actions from the Plan Of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and provide status to management.
- Assist with testing software and configurations.
- Assist with special projects and events as needed.
- Provide tours, establish and maintain connections with those interested in our cybersecurity offerings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support mission of the School of Engineering and Computer Science and Baylor University.
- Comply with University policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and many opportunities to engage locally.
- Address 1401 S 4th Street, Waco, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5