Job Description Summary
Based in Cincinnati, OH and reporting to the Chief Audit Executive, Digital Technology and Cyber (CAE-DT), the Director, Technology Audit, GE Aviation acts as a member of GE Technology Audit leadership and will lead a dedicated team in solving complex problems and identifying key areas for improvement and innovation across the GE Aviation Business Unit.
GE is in the midst of a significant and public transformation of its portfolio, leadership, operations and culture. One of the top priorities within this transformation is the Internal Audit function. GE is currently evolving the function, focusing more on the development of deep, data-driven, modern audit expertise and experience to serve as a true business partner for the audit committee and executive leaders, while still maintaining its commitment to talent development, both within and outside the function.
A key dimension of this role will be to manage the entire audit process, including risk assessment, planning, audit execution and reporting results for GE Aviation, including:
- Collaborating with BU technology leadership (CIO, CTO, CISO) to identify and evaluate risks and drive risk-based audit approach.
- Identifying systemic root causes audit over audit to assist the BU with end to end remediation and strategic adjustment.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to Chief Audit Executive, Digital Technology and Cyber for the design, implementation, and maintenance of a best in class, modernized Technology Audit program.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned audits and related activities, including staffing, scheduling, and coordination with stakeholders to ensure the timely completion of the plan.
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of current and emerging internal and external organizational, procedural, and technological changes that may impact the audit entity under review.
- Manage and monitor the progress of the audit engagement, prioritize the workload of the audit team, and identify/escalate any necessary changes to the audit as the engagement progresses.
- With a LEAN mindset, lead the IT audit portion of Internal Audit team for GE Aviation that supports the strategy set out by the Digital and Cyber CAE.
- Partner with the GE Aviation CAE on the completion of integrated audits specified in the Internal Audit Plan.
- Deliver audits in highly technical areas of current/emerging technologies including cloud, security, distributed computing, IoT, Zero Trust Networks, High Value Asset Protection.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging regulations & trends that impacts information technology controls and rapidly adjust audit plan or procedures accordingly.
- Scope and deliver risk-based audits, including communicating findings with clients in a clear and timely manner; writing audit reports that are meaningful and comprehensive (yet easy to understand); working with management to develop action plans to remediate findings and address areas for improvement; and track corrective actions through to completion.
- Partner with the GE Aviation CISO to advise on the internal policies and procedures definitions that support an effective and efficient system of internal controls.
- Attract, develop and retain a high performing Internal Audit team. Mentor, coach and teach, as needed, including developing people for career opportunities and advancements within General Electric, including, but not limited to, the IT technological areas. Develop, update and maintain talent development, training and succession plans for the department.
- Drive continuous improvement mindset in the audit function, including identifying and integrating best practices; Identify specific actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Internal Audits.
- Create an equitable and inclusive environment where people can bring their full selves to work and unlock their greatest potential and contributions to the team.
- Achieve annual goals and budget targets by effectively managing resources and stakeholder requirements.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SUCCESS PROFILE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or Business Administration with a minor in Computer Information Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in IT Governance, IT Risk, IT Audit, IT Operations or related fields, preferably with a Fortune 1000 companies or Big 4 assurance organization.
- CISM, CISA, CISSP, CRISC designation or other relevant certification is desirable.
- Understanding of regulatory and external requirements as they relate to IT, privacy and cybersecurity for regulations such as DFARS, CMMC, FISMA, and SOX.
- Experience using some of the industry standards/framework, such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, NIST Privacy Framework, CSA CCM, ISO 27001, ITIL v3, COBIT and FAIR is desirable.
- Knowledge of IT Operational Functions including IAM, Asset Management, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy.
- Proven ability to handle scale, change agenda, pace and overall complexity.
- Track record of working alongside business leaders, positioning internal audit as a strategic partner, identifying and helping mitigate risk.
- Superior business acumen; ability to build strong relationships and trust with company leadership and business process owners.
- Modern Audit/ Data-Driven Approach- Track record of leveraging technology and using data to drive insights and actions.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner; uses data and a cogent problem-solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Initiates, supports and manages change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex technology topics to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Evendale, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors