The Director, Security Analytics Product Manager for Mortgages will operate at the intersection of Mortgage analytics/models/data and the Aladdin product to steer research, model development and model implementation on Aladdin. These analytics/models are used by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, and Risk Managers to drive portfolio modeling capabilities that differentiate BlackRock’s investment business as well as Aladdin’s value proposition.
Strong candidates will bring a leadership voice, grounded in years of successful mortgage-backed securities analytics, financial technology, and client delivery. You will research the competitive landscape and influence the analytic/model strategy for the complete mortgage business. You will also lead new model development initiatives, coordinate engagement with Aladdin users, oversee model roadmaps, and ensure unparalled execution to deliver best-in-class mortgage analytics. Success in this Security Risks vertical will both improve Aladdin’s overall value offering while delivering impactful investment risk insights to BlackRock’s asset management business.
This role reports to the MD, Head of Research and Modeling for Mortgages.
About the Financial Modeling Group (FMG)
FMG is responsible for the research and development of quantitative financial models and tools across many different areas – single-security pricing, prepayment models, risk, return attribution, liquidity, optimization and portfolio construction, scenario analysis and simulations, etc. – across all asset classes. The group also owns the technology platform that delivers those models to our internal partners and external clients, and their integration with Aladdin. Within FMG our team focusses on liquidity and trading analytics.
- Influence an inclusive virtual team across the analytic and model ecosystem, from Data, Researchers, Engineers, and content orchestration.
- Augment your professional network: arrange engagement with senior leaders at BlackRock, the Aladdin Business, the Aladdin Product Group and with key client touchpoints.
- Develop, own, and evangelize the mortgage model vision and roadmap.
- In partnership with Aladdin client servicing groups, articulate and disseminate competitor analyses and analytic/modeling position strategies.
- Partner with Aladdin client teams to craft analytic/model campaigns, thought leadership, and build compelling products to achieve results.
- Translate mortgage risk analytic needs of the Aladdin user base alongside client engagement skills to build robust models that improve the client experience and reduce client inquiry and service costs. Articulate and implement metrics to supervise engagement and model quality.
- 10+ years of quantitative and research experience in mortgage-backed securities along with expertise in fixed income and financial technology. The candidate should be proficient in using statistics tools for big data modeling.
- A successful candidate should have intimate knowledge in prepayments, loan-level and pool-level mortgage data, mortgage analytics, and mortgage portfolio risks. The candidate should have solid experience in identifying the relationship among prepayment, interest rate, mortgage analytics, and mortgage risks.
- Proven success managing large, cross functional, technical projects by delivering measurable product value to demanding client communities.
- Success in quickly generating impactful research publications and product strategies. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate up and down the organization.
- Proficiency working with both technical developers and financial modelers as well as business leaders and target end users
- Strong organizational, networking, problem-solving, and planning skills. Familiarity with agile product development life cycle preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
- Address New York, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20