About the job
I can succeed as the Director of Security Solutions at Capital Group.”
As a Director of Security Solutions, you will lead the enterprise security team’s security solutions, providing security technology and data protection program leadership to the company and by keeping our security technology solutions, services, and data protection proactive. You will build the enterprise data protection program to ensure security and proactive risk reduction is facilitated company wide. You will collaborate with IT, Legal, Business lines, global risk and audit staff to lead the information security engineering function globally to ensure consistent risk reduction results are broadly incorporated into Capital’s ITG and business growth goals. You will develop products, services and experiences that disrupt markets, generate value, and positively impact millions of lives
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You are a leader with demonstrated experience in the field of information security with ~10+ years of relevant security leadership experience. Your experience includes 5+ years in a leadership role (such as Security CTO/CISO/Engineering, Office of CISO) with a global financial services company. Additionally, you have led cyber related technology and/or data protection/identity programs
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- You have the vision to evaluate, create and develop next generation proactive cyber security solutions to work in enterprise scale financial firms
- You have experience in managing information security functions, establishing cyber security and risk metrics for reporting and in partnering with global security, risk, and technology functions to challenge and influence risk reduction activities.
- You have the experience to support IT management and provide oversight to security functions that are critical in helping drive towards achievement of our strategy
- You are skilled at establishing strong relationships with and influencing executive stakeholders to think differently about developing and influencing data protection programs
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to adapt your style and approach so that it resonates with a diverse audience. You can communicate information security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audience with ease
- You are knowledgeable about both internal and external business environments and ensure that information systems are maintained in a fully functional and secure mode and are compliant with legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations
- Your experience spans working with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks, the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the European Union Privacy Directives, and the Japanese Financial Instruments and Exchange Law (“J-SOX”)
- You possess a strong understanding of the business impact of security tools and operations, cloud technologies and policies. Including experience with enterprise data machine learning, and leading the development of Security Orchestration (SOAR) technologies
- You are an inspiring and innovative leader, with the ability to empower other technology leaders and associates to try new and different ways of working
- You are skilled at building and leading high-performing teams, fostering continuous development and performance management within your organization
- You are constantly building new cybersecurity knowledge and skills. Learning new cybersecurity and data analytical skills and are aware of evolving threats to enable your ability to protect information, business and cloud technology services“
Southern California Base Salary Range $233,194-$396,430
San Francisco Base Salary Range $257,135-$437,130
New York Base Salary Range $247,218-$420,271
In addition to a highly competitive base salary, per plan guidelines, restrictions and vesting requirements, you also will be eligible for an individual annual performance bonus, plus Capital’s annual profitability bonus plus a retirement plan where Capital contributes 15% of your eligible earnings.
You can learn more about our compensation and benefits here .
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.protected by federal, state or local law.
- Salary Offer $233,194/yr - $437,130/yr
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20