About the job
The Director of Infrastructure and Engineering will serve in a key leadership role within the OSS management team and oversee the infrastructure and engineering team, which includes a team of software, cloud, and device engineers. The Director will be integral in the full lifecycle of deployed products and services, including providing support to SLTT members, refreshing technology, developing product roadmaps and strategies in concert with the product management team, deploying hardware and software, and providing excellent customer service.
This position manages critical infrastructure which supports CIS’s 24x7x365 Security Operations Center and members of the infrastructure and engineering team have an on-call rotation for afterhours and weekend response. The Director is expected to be aware of and when necessary involved in after-hour incidents.
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is the trusted guide to confidence in the connected world. CIS collaborates with the global security community to lead both government and private-sector entities to security solutions and resources. CIS is an independent, not-for-profit organization. Operations and Security Services (OSS) is a business unit within CIS responsible for the management and operation of the Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center ® (MS-ISAC ® ) and Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing & Analysis Center ® (EI-ISAC ® ) in cooperation with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction for staff within the infrastructure and engineering team
- Provide technical thought leadership and provide mentorship and coaching feedback to technical resources
- Build strong working relationships with business leaders, IT, external stakeholders, and CISA to ensure the team meet expectations and contribute to the achievement of business goals
- Influence and drive the technical architecture and key technology decisions along with other technology stakeholder partners to build for the long-term, while managing roadmaps and business needs
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Hire, train, and manage talent to ensure engineering teams have the skills required to be successful
- Manage vendor relationships for partner platforms and software services
- Organize, plan, direct, control, and supervise all aspects of engineering related projects
- Participate in meetings with current and potential customers to discuss any technical details surrounding the service offerings of OSS
- Keep current in the latest trends and technological advancements surrounding cybersecurity architecture, cloud security, network and endpoint monitoring, and emerging technologies
- Provide recommendations to senior management as it relates to identifying and developing new ways to expand the service offerings to SLTT entities
- Actively work to enhance the processes and procedures used to support the efforts of the infrastructure and engineering team
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Security, Networking and Systems Administration*
- 5+ years’ experience leading technical teams
- 5+ years’ experience with DevOps technologies, cloud-based provisioning, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- 3+ years’ of experience with AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or another cloud service
- 2+ years’ of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years’ of experience deploying, supporting, and/or managing cybersecurity tools (e.g., log management, endpoint protection, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, SIEM tools)
- Demonstrated experience implementing current technology trends and techniques (e.g., cloud-based solutions leveraging microservices)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of various network security technologies including firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Deep understanding of agile and strategies for maximizing the effectiveness of the methodology through best practices, coaching and continuous improvement
- Deep understanding of network protocols, NetFlow, TLS/SSL, capturing and reading packets, and troubleshooting network communication issues
- Demonstrated working knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- The position is open to U.S. citizens and requires a favorably adjudicated DHS Fitness Review for Public Trust Positions. **
It’s A Plus If You Have
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Security, Networking and Systems Administration or related field.
- Experience using modern containerization software including Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Proficiency with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Project Management experience
- Familiarity with big data analytics technologies
- Industry related certifications such as GSLC, GISF, GSEC, CISSP
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, Datalake, Glue, AppFlow
- Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Factors that may cause a negative Fitness Review decision include:
- Criminal Conduct
- Dishonest Conduct
- Employment Misconduct
- Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Use (illegal drug use or use of a legal drug in a manner that deviates from approved medical direction) Additionally, illegal drug use includes the use of drugs that are illegal for federal purposes despite being legal in select states and countries, such as marijuana.
- False Statements
- Financial Issues
- Have not resided in the US for three (3) of the past five (5) years
At CIS, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment in which the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views of our employees, members, and customers are valued and respected. It is through this commitment that we are able to work together towards our common mission: to make the connected world a safer place.
- Address USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10