About the job
The Director, IT Business Segment is responsible for creating and executing the technology strategy for the assigned Modine business segment, ensuring appropriate alignment with Modine enterprise strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Global Information Technology and has a dotted line report directly to the VP, Business Segment. Reporting to the Director, IT Business Segment will be the assigned BRM (Business Relationship Manager) /Analysts and other IT resources as necessary. As a member of the Global IT leadership team and the assigned business segment leadership team, the Director, IT Business Segment contributes to strategy development for the group and individual businesses/markets, bringing a current knowledge and future vision for leveraging technology in business operating model design, business process re-engineering, product and service development, and support for compete to win.
The Director, IT Business Segment builds strong & trusted relationships with key stakeholders, being a connected and influential senior leader in the business segment and in global IT. The leader ensures governance and alignment of business demand and supply, leveraging the global IT portfolio of internal shared and managed services and solutions where fit-for-purpose, and finding innovative solutions for unique or market-specific needs is imperative. Engages, influences and motivates a global team with effective communication, and develops, coaches and leads highly skilled regional leaders, functional experts, and solution delivery professionals to the highest level of performance. This position will have significant involvement and interaction with key IT and business stakeholders (segment and vertical leaders) including but not limited to the global leads of IT Applications, IT Infrastructure & Operations, PMO, and IT Security.
- Overall Modine Business Segment IT vision, strategy and execution.
- Embrace Global IT Vision, Mission & Values.
- Understand and successfully support and execute the global IT Strategy Management process for assigned business segment.
- Build and sustain relationships with Modine Business Segment and company leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensure cost-effective delivery of IT solutions/services to meet those needs, and respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Remain up to date and provide direction on what technologies should/can be assimilated, integrated and introduced to ensure capabilities respond to and meet Business Segment strategy.
- Provide strategic direction and governance for the delivery of IT solutions that meet business needs.
- Collaborate with Modine Business Segment, Vertical and executive leadership to define and execute the Business Segment/Vertical digital/IT strategy. Participate in and contribute to the assessment of external digital & information opportunities and threats, and internal capabilities required to achieve desired competitive advantage.
- Builds relationships with business, internal technology teams, and external technology vendors or other service providers internal or external to the organization.
- Develop and manage annual expense and capital budgets for the business segment technology and capability needs in alignment with the global IT leadership team to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and overall financial plan expectations.
- Partner with Business Leadership, HR and IT leadership to develop a Business Segment IT people strategy aligned with business and IT needs; and provide leadership, coaching and direction to the global IT team.
- Identifies process improvements that add value to the organization.
- Helps negotiate service level agreements (SLAs) between the business and IT and/or vendors.
- Facilitates strategic planning sessions, helps define key strategies, and ensures the IT strategy aligns with the business strategy.
- Coordinates solution delivery and service efforts.
- Works with the program and project managers, architects, and other project team members to deliver business value through various solutions.
- Identifies and analyzes new business initiatives (conducts cost-benefit analysis, develops business cases, etc.).
- Helps evaluate and prioritize projects according to their ROI (Return on Investment) and maximized business value.
- Understand and ensure all segment IT projects adhere to Global IT’s SDLC (system development life cycle) process.
- Stays up-to-date on industry trends (business & technical) and the competition in the effort to identify new opportunities or threats.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in IT and business with 5+ years of successful senior IT leadership responsibilities, preferably in a global manufacturing business.
- Extensive experience and exposure to all areas of IT including infrastructure and operations, applications, project management (PMO), business relationship management (BRM), architecture and security among others.
- Strong ERP background required, preferably SAP.
- Strong eCommerce and Digital background a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills. The Director, IT Business Segment must understand the business sufficiently to communicate the importance of projects to the technology team as well as to understand the technology sufficiently to communicate its complexity to the business in terms they understand.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience developing and communicating an IT vision/mission/values that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the business strategy.
- Well-versed in all aspects of system development, deployment and support, and a proven leader managing in a mission-critical systems environment.
- Proven track record of collaborating with business leadership and demonstrating the value of technology across a large-scale, global, and highly complex business environments.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of the role.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and best practices in leveraging them including how they may be applied to the business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop people and evolve/grow organizations to meet new business needs.
- Strong analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills, including the ability to explain technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT team.
- Expertise and experience in budget planning and financial management.
- Ability to identify and leverage partners/resources (internally and externally) to enhance capabilities that drive digital business.
- Significant experience in driving and managing organizational change and building capabilities that effectively balance operational efficiency with developing new, innovative technology solutions.
- A significant knowledge about the business strategy, business processes, and information technology’s products, services, and capabilities.
- Ability to partner with the business on a strategic level, including the ability to assist with the business strategy and ensuring the IT strategy aligns with the business strategy.
- Have a high business acumen (includes an understanding of the industry, financials, how businesses operate, etc.).
- Ability to use portfolio management disciplines and techniques to maximize realized business value.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (includes oral and written communication, presentation skills, influencing skills, ability to collaborate and negotiate).
- A high aptitude for critical, strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
BS/BA required; a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent is preferred.
This position may require up to 25% travel (domestic & international) in certain circumstances.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.
- Address Racine, WI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20