Date: Mar 16, 2022
Location: LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 60045-5201 CHICAGO, IL, US, 60603-4013
Company: Grainger Businesses
Grainger is North America’s leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions, and unparalleled customer service keep customers’ operations running and their people safe.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
As part of the Enterprise Security leadership team, the position will lead, manage, and grow a team that focuses on a global cyber security operations center and incident response program
You will report to the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Lead, manage and mature the people, process, and technologies present in a 24×7 global security operations center.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity to support security larger initiatives, assessments, and resilience testing.
- Develop and direct the Enterprise Incident Response Program ensuring continuous maturity.
- Define and maintain dashboards and metrics that support Incident Response Program and Cyber Security Operation Center maturity efforts.
- Provide cyber security briefings, status updates, and consultancy to various audiences, including technical and executive leadership teams.
- Leverage the incident response program to conduct cyber table-top simulations and educational sessions with stakeholders
- Provide leadership for incident response investigations, coordinate response activity, and brief senior leaders while maintaining the confidentiality
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes; build and maintain a high-performing team through employee morale and motivation.
- 5 to 7 yrs. of People Management Experience
- 10+ yrs. of Experience working in Enterprise Security
- Crisis management skills and the ability to manage relationships and communication channels.
- Advanced critical thinking and decision-making ability, able to explain and defend a complex decision point.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subjects regarding strategic and tactical incident response processes to stakeholders of varying technical levels.
- In-depth experience leading security incident response processes in the cloud, virtualized, and on-prem environments.
- Thought leader in security engineering and operations delivery – driving visibility, automation, analytics, and advanced threat analysis.
- Extensive and direct experience in high-pressure situations managing and responding to complex technical cyber security incidents.
- Proven skills in various elements of incident response, including but not limited to computer intrusion investigations and digital forensics in enterprise environments.
- Understanding current and emerging threats and associated countermeasures by establishing solid relationships with cyber threat teams and vendors. This includes directing a team on managing, maintaining, and increasing visibility into the organization and applying threat intelligence to proactively mitigate risk.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health, and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations, and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical, and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Salary Offer $161,278 to $196,101
- Address Lake Forest, CA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10