The Director of Environmental, Health, Safety, & Security (EHS&S) has overall responsibility for all EHS&S activities for the Winchester, KY site. This involves developing and implementing site-wide health, safety, environmental, and security programs designed to respond to potential situations and to enhance site overall business continuity and site safety. The position will ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations following Catalent guidelines to guarantee the safety of all employees, visitors and contractors in the facility. Specific programs include but are not limited to: incident prevention, minimization and/or eliminating health and safety hazards, fire system management, security system management, business continuity, crisis management, EHS&S program and policy management and proactive loss prevention activities.
- Take action/steps to identify, assess and recommend control measures or corrective action(s) for environmental, health and safety concerns.
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessments that apply to the task, departments, and the overall site that includes but is not limited to: chemical use, machine safeguarding, ergonomics, walking-working surfaces, material handling, etc, to reduce the risk and prevent work related injuries and illnesses.
- Chair of safety committee and maintains visibility of the safety program and open lines of communications with all employees regarding safety.
- Conduct EHS audits, inspections, hazard assessments and investigations of violations as required and make recommendations based off findings. This includes EHS audits of other Catalent facilities as requested by Global EHS.
- Lead incident and accident investigations assuring corrective actions are taken to minimize or prevent similar future incidents. Ensure all incident data is loaded into Entropy corporate software. Responsible for case management of ongoing incidents to ensure they are handled compliantly and to mitigate further escalation.
- Responsible for current knowledge of local, state and federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, NFPA, RCRA, ANSI, FDA, GMP, etc.
- Responsible for site safety and environmental scorecards and internal metric reporting, including site based metric communication, safety concern and positive safety behavior tracking, and energy reduction tracking.
- Maintain the accident records and files necessary to back up the OSHA 300 log and any other OSHA requirement. Evaluate cases to decrease the accident rate using safety assessments, industrial hygiene sampling and following OSHA regulations and Catalent Guidelines. Manage the Workers Compensation program, monitor treatment for appropriateness, monitor fees, track injuries, and provide metrics to management.
- Manage the environmental compliance program to ensure compliance on programs such as CAA, CWA, and RCRA.
- Develop and conduct training programs and the training of staff at all levels, including new hires, on company safety policies, practices, and programs. Manages employee safety benefit programs including but not limited to safety shoes, prescription safety glasses, lab coats, and other personal protective equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or equivalent experience
- 5 – 10 years experience in an industrial setting, preferably pharmaceutical
- Must be willing to be onsite in Winchester, KY during the work week
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond— it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to email@example.com for us to investigate with local authorities.
Job ID : Id0067479
- Salary Offer $83,263/yr - $115,901/yr
- Address Winchester, KY, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10