Job Description Summary
The Magnum API is the premier cross-functional software engineering team for GE’s Cyber Threat Management organization. As the leader, you will be leading both software and cyber security experts in building software you can’t buy anywhere else.
The Magnum API Team Leader is Responsible for the development and operation of new capability for the Threat Management Organization. This includes Big Data, Stream Processing, Data Science, as well as targeted applications to fulfill the need of data protections, cyber intel, detection, and response.
Equally important, you are responsible for guiding the journey of software craftsman to discover better ways to develop and deliver software solutions.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Cyber Platforms and Engineering, you will work in a highly iterative environment, alongside other empowered leaders to deliver on the Threat Management Mission.
Responsible additionally for:
- Establishing product vision that fills capability gaps, in creative and expedient ways.
- Deciding the direction and priority of products in your portfolio to meet the need of users
- Ensuring solutions have Q/A, Deployment and Operations plan for 24/7 use
- Setting balanced priority for software capability expansion and optimization
- Setting and measuring yearly and quarterly goals for the team
- Guiding engineers through career development and skills coaching
- Inspiring the team to deliver results creatively
- Collaborate with peer teams to grow the capability of Threat Management
- Designing validated-learning systems to guide future feature development
- Leading planning cycles, and communicate with peers and leadership on upcoming changes
- Identifying team gaps, and filling them through recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding.
- Yearly personnel review and compensation / benefit setting
- Establishing and executing on software strategy
- Reducing barriers to the team’s delivery
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or (STEM) and 10+ years of professional experience OR an Associates Degree and 12+ yrs. experience OR a High School Diploma and 14+ yrs. of experience.
- Have a Minimum 8 years of IT and/or Software experience with a Demonstrated ability to lead mission critical functionality.
- Be willing to travel 10% for quarterly meetings.
- Understanding of Cyber Threat Management, including the Data Protections and CIRT missions
- Demonstrated ability to set Team and Individual Objective Key-Results using OKR format
- Have working knowledge of Software Engineering best practices.
- Be able to clearly communicate to both technical and senior leadership.
- Have excellent systems thinking, for both technical and organizational systems.
- Ability to influence Senior Leadership with unique vantage point
- Demonstrated ability to lead both co-located and global employees
- Entrepreneurial business mindset demonstrated
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Address Glen Allen, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors