In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us gain insight and prevent threat and data leakage in changing threat landscape via use of technologies and analytics to enhance our security posture and minimize our risk. The Director, Cyber Defense and Response Operations develops a team of analysts responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring of threats, as well as the tools and processes that support the core mission of defending the organization against cyber-threats and understands end-to-end data management processes and flows and uses that knowledge to provide requirements, design and implement protection solutions. Has an in-depth understanding of automation technologies and industry standard threat protection strategies and an understanding of cloud capabilities in O365, Azure, GCP, and AWS for overall threat and data protection and management.
The Director, Cyber Defense and Response Operations will oversee the activities of the 24×7 frontline Security Operations ensuring that activities of the team are performed in accordance to policy, standards and security best practices. This leader has high visibility and direct responsibility for the effective and efficient operations of the Security Operations Center including report generation, alert and event monitoring/response, communications, and education. Additionally, the position will be responsible for driving process refinement, and security tools tuning and deployment of capabilities per changing threat landscape by partnering with the security engineering team and other key stakeholders in overall cyber program. This person should be attentive to details, creative, and able to steer around potential obstacles before they become problems.
This role requires strong technical knowledge and experience with security monitoring tools and incident management situations and ensure efficient processes by implementation of automation where possible. In addition to technical expertise, a combination of excellent communication and people management skills is required. Has an in-depth understanding of industry standard threat protection strategies across the enterprise and an understanding of cloud capabilities in O365, Azure, GCP, and AWS for protection and management. Will be accountable for development and implementation of strategic plans, metric driven business outcomes, and develops and implements strategic plans that are aligned with overall Enterprise Information Protection strategy.
We are open to hiring a remote / work-at-home person, but they must be willing to travel to KY as required.
- Manage and enhance the tools, tactics, and techniques used within with the security operations. Lead in the assessment, architecture and implementation of security technologies.
- Work with product and development teams to help drive improvements to SOC service quality, increase SOC efficiency, and ensure any challenges are addressed
- Execute security operations processes, identify and measure critical security operations metrics and continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all core services in scope.
- Review and coordinate any necessary revision to SOC processes and procedures and ensure documentation is kept up-to-date
- Ensure security analyst onboarding and training is reviewed and adjusted as necessary to continually stay in tune with the changing threat landscape and bring improvements to analyst quality
- Development and tracking of key risk indicators (KRIs) related to frontline security operations, to benchmark and further enhance capabilities.
- Develop staff of varying skill levels on both cybersecurity competencies/expertise and personal development. Guide in their continued growth and success as individuals and as a team.
- Working knowledge of common industry cybersecurity requirements and regulatory requirements such as: GDPR, HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, and PCI-DSS
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization as well as with external partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with product, engineering and architecture teams.
- Manage and develop the talent, including engagement, well-being, and individual development plan creation, refining, and execution, with the goal of building and maintaining a high-performing team.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Employs focus, attention to detail, reliability, and appropriate prioritization to drive outcomes. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to clearly define objectives and develop a strategic action plan with objectives, resources and timelines identified.
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions. Lives up to commitments, taking responsibility for the impact of one’s actions. Exercises the courage to prioritize principles and values over personal or professional gain.
- Influence & Collaborate: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana’s overall success first. Develops and strengthens networks and relationships, both inside and outside the organization, that support company performance. Proactively and transparently contributes information and energy toward creating value with others.
- Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Develops and applies deep customer knowledge and intimacy to develop and deliver products, services, and interactions that provide value beyond expectations. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Qualifications / Requirements / Role Essentials
- Educational background (Bachelor or Masters preferred) in Computer Science or related field with minimum of 10 years of technical and management experience in cyber security
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Proficiency in incident response
- A comfortable understanding of modern malware and attacker techniques
- Systems thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Understanding of Project Management processes
- Proficiency in Process Flows
- Efficient Time Management and proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Proficient knowledge of Cloud capabilities – O365, Azure, GCP, AWS
- Excellent Presentation skills and ability to present to senior management.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to lead and develop a team of SOC analysts with minimal supervision.
- One or more advanced security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC etc.
You will report to the Associate Vice President of Cyber Security Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Address Louisville, KY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors