About the job
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Database Administrator in the IT Department. A Database Administrator is responsible to keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee and perform the daily monitoring and analysis of databases and database servers to ensure the continuance of operations
- Manage and perform database performance analysis and tuning to ensure optimal system performance. Major areas of support in this area will include sizing, throughput, scalability, and dependability
- Ensure the security of databases
- Perform and oversee regular backups of all databases and database servers
- Perform and guide restorations of backups in case of system failure or data loss
- Review and oversee all changes to existing production databases to ensure that such changes do not negatively impact database performance or reliability
- Work with software developers to design and implement new database schemas, stored procedures, user defined functions, data transformation service packages, scheduled jobs, etc.
- Oversee and promote database changes through software development lifecycle process
- Ensure the pre-defined development standards for naming conventions, user interface, etc. are followed
- Work with users to determine requirements and design for systems
- Estimate time and materials needed to create new or modify existing databases
- Manage the process to migrate data from existing databases to new databases or between database environments
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from four-year college or university
- Five to seven years of experience as a Production SQL Server DBA and Database Architect for very large databases (over 50GB of data in a single database)
- Minimum seven years of T-SQL experience
- Proficient with Windows PowerShell or similar scripting language
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Address Arlington, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10