About the job
Primary Purpose of Position:
Support the administration and management of an extensive data environment supporting enterprise, operational and analytic platforms built on Microsoft technologies. Support data integrations between on-premise and/or cloud-based applications and services as well as migrations to cloud platforms. Develop and optimize reports. Support new initiatives and projects centered on the application and data needs of the Company.
- Monitor database performance and perform routine preventative maintenance. Ensure data integrity by working with application and database owners.
- Maintain application and database consistency across multiple servers in virtualized and cloud environments.
- Enhance database content and optimize performance using SQL DDL and DML scripts.
- Maintain high availability/business continuity between multiple datacenter environments.
- Test and install current maintenance release levels of software where responsible.
- Perform code releases from development to test and production environments.
- Support data integrations and integrity monitoring between on-premise and/or cloud-based systems.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation on designs, structures, code and interfaces related to data management.
- Assist in the migration of on-premise databases to Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Develop and optimize reports and inquiries using Crystal Enterprise, Microsoft Reporting Services and Power BI.
End User Support
- Resolve problems, escalate technical issues directly to vendors and partners, and work with vendors to ensure adequate technical and product-level support.
- Respond to requests for assistance and escalate problems or requests as appropriate.
- Assist in report development.
- Create end user training materials.
- Perform routine audits of database and server access ensuring principle of least privilege is maintained.
- Implement and maintain security by working with the designated administrators of individual databases.
- Conduct research on new technologies, products or solutions.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with policies and control requirements.
- Conduct both one-on-one instruction and group training sessions.
- Assist with data layer development on application development projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a database administrator for an organization of similar scope and complexity required.
- Experience in SQL Server 2016 – 2019 Enterprise Edition including its administrative tools; and backup and restore strategies.
- Experience designing relational databases, creating tables, stored procedures.
- Experience creating and debugging SQL Server Integration Packages.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Crystal Enterprise preferred.
- Experience with programming languages SQL, PowerShell, JSON, DAX, XML
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power Platform including Power BI, Power Automate and Power Apps
- Familiarity with development lifecycle.
- Understanding of Scrum framework and its key components.
- Possess a service orientation and attitude in working with others.
- Be detail-oriented and methodical in solving problems and managing multiple projects.
- Possess an aptitude toward learning technical concepts. Be results-oriented and a quick learner in supporting new products and technologies.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees and contractors.
- Be able to travel and to work flexible schedules outside normal business hours when required.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands, occasionally work in a tightly spaced area.
- Regularly use fingers to type or write as needed.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
- This position regularly interacts in both verbal and written form with employees and contractors of Boston Properties.
- This position reports to the Manager, Application Development and Data Services who provides supervision, guidance and evaluates work performance on a periodic basis.
As a federal contractor and in observance of our company’s vaccination policy , Boston Properties is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, therefore, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine can request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.company’s vaccination policy , Boston Properties is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, therefore, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine can request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.
- Address Boston, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5