We are looking for a seasoned Database Administrator. This position will be responsible for database administration, database troubleshooting and performance tuning, developing, and implementing BI solutions for reporting and decision-making, and providing daily support. Will be working both independently and closely with other IT staff members. Provide support for existing applications and new development.
- Troubleshoot database related issues and provide solutions to increase database system reliability and availability.
- Manage and support production, QA, and Dev databases running on SQL Server, SSAS Cubes, and SSRS reports.
- Assist with the development and automation of reports for business analysis and compliance purposes.
- Manage database security and maintain data safety and integrity.
- Develop and maintain best practice policies, procedures, standards, and system level documentation related to the Production, Disaster Recovery and Staging environments ensuring data is stored efficiently and can be retrieved quickly
- Troubleshooting and tuning complex SQL statements and making recommendations on indexing strategies
- Analyzing complex data requirements
- Developing and modifying procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security, and integration issues
- Working on a variety of projects and systems, from big to small and complex to simple
- Performing code reviews, learning from your peers, and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Contributing to end-to-end application development
- Collaborating with team members on effective development practices and communicating with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression over self-interest
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience supporting MS SQL Server 2012+ as a DBA
- 5+ years of experience developing T-SQL or other procedural languages
- 3+ years of experience working with database monitoring tools (SQL Profiler, SolarWinds, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working with SSIS packages.
- Must have administration experience with SQL Server SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Always ON High Availability configurations, and Database replication.
- Experience working with XML and JSON
- Experience in creating reports in Power BI and SSRS is a plus
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Experience with Windows server environments
- Strong performance tuning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills in virtualize database environments.
- Knowledge of TFS, including build and release definitions within a CI and CD environment a plus
- Demonstrated ability using database monitoring tools.
- Audit experience a plus
- Ability to be proactive and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum.
- Microsoft certification (MCSE/MCSA) preferred
Job ID : REQ-8674
- Address Irving, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20